Sig Generator for Folding Stats

edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Im having trouble with the sig generator. i dont edit the code at all but it still doesnt work. I have tried to re-enter it many time with no success. any one else having tthis trouble?

bikerboy

Comments

• edited January 2006
    is no one else having problems with this. am i the only one. does folding just hate me?

bikerboy
  • edited January 2006
    mines stopped working too! so I've removed it for the time being.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited January 2006
    Doesn't appear to be a common problem. I'm sure mine still works OK.

Have not been in my User CP to change anything either.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Have to tried different sig sizes and background graphic options? Maybe just one of them is borked.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Mine was screwed so i just redid it with a diff background and it still doesnt work
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Mine was screwed so i just redid it with a diff background and it still doesnt work

Have you tried using one of the ones dragon or I are using?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    I altered mine just an hour ago to change the "Merry Christmas" link I had on there. Didn't touch anything else, but lost my picture and the FAH stats link. I tried re-doing it with one of the stock backgrounds, but that didn't work either. :scratch:
    edited January 2006
    If it wasn't such a big job to go through it all, i could post a copy of my data for the sig. Then it could be compared to ones that don't work.:scratch:

Then again, it would be BIG for me, knowing nothing about programming.:banghead:
  • edited January 2006
    I had the same exact one that dragon has. so i dont think that it is a certain sig.

bikerboy
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited January 2006
    Looks to me like the sig works fine UNLESS you try to change something!:rarr: I want to add
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
    Charles M. Schulz (1922-2000), US cartoonist

But if I try to change to that the stats vanish....and I'm only in this for the stats so somethig has to be done. SHORTY - does this call for a little code re-write??:hair: Jack
  • edited January 2006
    that is it!! i changed my sig and thats when it disapeared. Good call witenoiz.

bikerboy
    edited January 2006
    witenoiz wrote:
    I want to add
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
    Charles M. Schulz (1922-2000), US cartoonist........Jack

On that note, i will try warn you guys should it happen. Give you all a bit of time to pack.:wink:

Jon
  • edited January 2006
    thanks not sure where i would go but at least all my stuff will be packed when i die.

bikerboy
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    The sigs were conflicting with the AJAX javascript being used by the vBulletin software. Shorty disabled the AJAX for now, so the sigs should be in working order again (unless there is a secondary problem I'm not picking up on in this thread).

Revamping the whole damn sig system just got a little more important, I guess. :-/
  • edited January 2006
    still doesnt work.

bikerboy
    edited January 2006
    I've tried re-doing mine in both Firefox and IE, but no luck. :(

I'm just about to pass six million points and I'd really like to see my Folding sig again... :bawling:
    edited January 2006
    bikerboy, your sig code is full of errors. Try starting one from scratch. The sig generator is working fine for me, although it could be the way the forum is storing new sig code.

prof, try inserting a new sig. Even if it doesn't work, just leave it there for me to have a look.
    edited January 2006
    Done. :)
  • edited January 2006
    i deleted my old one and then went and regenerated the code. inserted it and it still doesnt work. any clue as to how my code got full of errors? i didnt mess with it or anything.

bikerboy
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Nope, still not working Matt. Even with Ajax disabled. Well that's a real pain :(

I did check that sigs worked as part of my post forum upgrade testing plan. They appeared to work just fine, so of course I ticked that box as ok. It now appears that I was possibly hasty as once you try to change it... it's dying a death :(

Any thoughts..? :)
    edited January 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Any thoughts..? :)
    Old sigs work, but changing your sig causes it to stop functioning. My first guess is that they're not getting stored in the database correctly, which would logically be the result of some new parser on new sig inputs. I'll have a closer look shortly.
    edited January 2006
    I found it. There's a set of vb url tags getting inserted into the code.

prof and bikerboy, I fixed your sigs. bikerboy, I'm not sure what happened, but replacing the code cleaned it up significantly so I could find the mistake (there were several different ones previously... who knows what happened).

If anyone else is having a similar problem, please let me know and I'll correct it for you. Please don't ever edit sig code on your own. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Is this a new VB parser problem..? I can take a look at the sig parser and possibly block URL tags..:)
    edited January 2006
    ...Please don't ever edit sig code on your own. :)
    I'm glad I saw this before I mucked it up again. I was in the middle of adding something and was able to close the tab and get out of it. :o

Thanks, Keebster! :thumbsup:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    mine is broken! :(
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    I'm glad I saw this before I mucked it up again. I was in the middle of adding something and was able to close the tab and get out of it. :o
    It's not a big deal. Just let me know if you need it fixed again in the future. It's like a 2-second fix now that I see it.
    mine is broken! :(
    Not any more. :)
  • edited January 2006
    thanks man. good work as always!! :thumbsup:

p.s. are you back at college?

bikerboy
    edited January 2006

If anyone else is having a similar problem, please let me know and I'll correct it for you. Please don't ever edit sig code on your own. :)

I can't change the quotation once and awhile anymore? That seems to be at the end of the code. I don't want to be bugging you in the middle of the night or really ever Mr. General! Does EVER mean - like - forEVER? Jack
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    I'm just about to pass six million points and I'd really like to see my Folding sig again... :bawling:

Holy Westlake Prof - :respect::respect::respect::respect: Jack
  • edited January 2006
    It seems that Gnomes isnt working either.

bikerboy