ASUS P5GDC Deluxe zip drive help?

edited January 2006 in Hardware
Hi I am not very good with computers So need alot of help. I have a CD-rom Drive, DVD-ROM Drive, Floppy drive and a ZIP drive but my zip drive does not work? :hitit2: I have had a quick look inside and seen that there is only a power cable connected to it but there isnt a data cable on like all the rest of my drives. Does anyone know were abouts I should connect this cable to?

I have windows XP with SP2 also if that helps with anything

Thanks, Ivan :smiles:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Does anyone know were abouts I should connect this cable to?
    I don't quite follow you. If the cable is missing, how can we tell you where to connect it? I would recommend going to the Iomega web site. There should be connection diagrams there. I have used and owned Zip drives before, but that was years ago, and the drives were external.
  • edited January 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    I don't quite follow you. If the cable is missing, how can we tell you where to connect it? I would recommend going to the Iomega web site. There should be connection diagrams there. I have used and owned Zip drives before, but that was years ago, and the drives were external.

Well Thats what im stuck on? I have some cables that are spare from previous computers ones a CD-rom cable and the other is a floppy cable with those words written on them but also have a cable with nothing written on it like a floppy cable but without the twist at one end? What I want to know if I didnt make it clear before was where on the mothebaord do I connect this cable? I have 1 port left on my motherboard but my computer wont boot up when I plug it into this one?

Thanks again, Ivan
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited January 2006
    Is the jumper set right on the zip drive.