P3 laptop overclocking?

edited January 2006 in Hardware
I have a p3 sony Viao laptop. The bios is from phoenix, and the OS is XP. It has a p3 ultra-low-voltage 900mhz cpu, 256 SDRAM, and 32 mb intel 865 integrated graphics. The only time I still use the laptop is when I feel like playing older games while in bed, like cs1.6 or red alert 2. Recently, cs1.6 has been lagging behind worse than it has been.

I was wondering if this laptop is overcloakable? and if so, can integrated graphics be OCed as well and by how much? Could anyone please recommand a few programs that will OC a p3? Thx in advance for replies.

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    Have you tried overclocking it in the bios? I don't believe you can overclock integrated graphics, I think your just stuck w/ the crap lol.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Laptops have no means of venting excess heat. They can scarcely exhaust normal heat buildup. I think you are just asking for trouble, lockups at the very least, if you somehow manage to overclock your laptop. If you wish to try, ClockGen might work. I have no idea if your laptop's BIOS will allow any manipulation at all. I've never seen a laptop BIOS has any adjustments available for CPU or RAM voltages or frequencies.
  • edited January 2006
    Hm, I guess I won't bother then...I just maybe need 50mhz or so to increase game performance to acceptable smoothness.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I really doubt 50MHz would make a noticeable difference. Sorry, but overclocking on a laptop is a lost cause.