SM32 - Signup Now Closed!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Announcing A New SMx Computer!
:celebrate SM32 Is Ready To Go!!! :celebrate
:smokin:

What could be better to help you get through the cold winter months than adding a nice computer to your home? While the sun hangs low on the horizon you could be watching the new SMx Rig in your care rise to heights of glory in the Notable Milestones Forum. (Got to get a plug in for that, eh. :thumbsup: ) While all your friends are stumbling around beneath a dark and gloomy sky you could be sitting at home basking in the soft green glow of the power led on a 24/7 dedicated Folding machine.

Drive away those winter blues - sign up for SM32 today! :csimon:

If you meet the qualifications for hosting one of our SMx machines, why not sign up to be a candidate? You could be the one chosen to house this Folding rig in your home, not to mention having that extra Folding sig to show off your status as one of Team 93's elite group of SMx Hosts.

The Hosting Requirements and Selection Process are available on the team page. Please look them over carefully before signing up.

If you feel you meet the requirements and are willing to sign the contract, announce your candidacy by posting in this thread and giving us some details about your hosting conditions (connection, environment, etc.) and your computer ability that would mark you as a suitable host for our latest SMx Folding machine.

Check out this baby:
SM32 Specs:

Motherboard: Abit KG7-RAID
CPU: Athlon XP 2000+
Hard Drive: Quantum Fireball SE 4.0GB
Display Adapter: Radeon 7000
Memory: 512MB Micron PC2100 ECC
NIC: Realtek RTL8139
Case: A Brand-New Case & PSU will be shipped directly to the new host.

If you happened upon this thread by accident and wonder what it is exactly that Folding hopes to accomplish, check out Join Folding for a quick summary of the F@H Project. Like many of us here, you could put your spare computer cycles to work for the betterment of mankind. Won't you consider joining us? :wave:

Sign up soon. We will give you plenty of notice before the signup period is closed and the SMx Committee vote is taken.

As per our new policy, there are no geographical limitations on hosting eligibilty.

Check out The SMx Project - Reloaded! thread for more information on the project in general. If you have any parts you could spare for future SMx rigs, go here and have a look at what we need. Memory (PC1600 or greater) and Motherboards are in extremely short supply. To keep this project going we need your help.

Good luck, everybody! :thumbsup::fold:

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Well you all know I am in! And my conditions are still the same as always, Fiber Internet 15dwn 5up nice space in the office, always cool, Will be folding 24/7. I will keep showing my dedication here!
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited January 2006
    I don't stand a chance, so I will show my support to the people who have been far more active, and are frankly, just more deserving. Good luck to everyone!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Liquid, "you can't win if you don't play" (lottery commercial)

In Prof's case, SMX rigs are like potato chips, he can't have just one.:vimp:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Donut wrote:
    Liquid, "you can't win if you don't play" (lottery commercial)

In Prof's case, SMX rigs are like potato chips, he can't have just one.:vimp:
    It's all so true. :vimp: Go ahead and toss your name in, Liquid and don't get discouraged if this isn't your round. :)
    edited January 2006
    True True, anyone has a shot at getting a SMx Rig if they fall under the rules...
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited January 2006
    Okay here goes.

I would like to host SM32. I have a solid cable connection at home with a DSL line as backup. I love computers and I love using their spare cpu cycles for a good cause. They don't need to be lazy just sitting around waiting for me to get home. I have lots of computer experience and like to build them as a hobby now. I still make money on the side for PC repair. Unfortunatley I have not been too active on the forums for the last 6 months because I have been travelling for that time. Which makes me sound like a bad choice for a host, but rest assured I had someone checking on my machines once a week while I was away just in case they did not auto restart properly or something. My computers home is a clean one. No excessive dust, and everything I own is well maintained. Well, thanks for reading and once again good luck to all who enter.:rockon::rockon:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited January 2006
    That hard drive looks familiar! ;) Glad to see they are no longer 'TBD' prof :cheers:

Good luck to all of the contenders! :smokin:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    lemonlime wrote:
    That hard drive looks familiar! ;) Glad to see they are no longer 'TBD' prof :cheers: ...
    Head over to the SMx Project page and click on the last few rigs we've sent out - you'll see all sort of familiar stuff in there. :thumbsup:
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    sledge do you have FiOS or somthing ? jeez
    edited January 2006
    Of course! I actually just put in for a business upgrade so I will end up with 30dwn and 15up with 3 dedicated IP's :) all for $139.00 per rmonth! can you say better than T1 but with 1 /10 the cost :)
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    wtf! i want FiOS :( stoopid virginia hopefully it will work its way out of DC down here.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited January 2006
    I'd like to throw my name into the ring once again, I have a good feeling about this one :D
    edited January 2006
    Good to see you back in Deicist
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Good to see you back in Deicist

For some reason I just had the idea to repunctuate that sentence in a variety of ways.

"Good to see you back in, Deicist" (contest)
    "Good to see you, back in, Deicist" (parking)
    "Good to see you back, in Deicist" (:nudge:)

Sorry. Back to the topic, gents!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited January 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    For some reason I just had the idea to repunctuate that sentence in a variety of ways.

"Good to see you back in, Deicist" (contest)
    "Good to see you, back in, Deicist" (parking)
    "Good to see you back, in Deicist" (:nudge:)

Sorry. Back to the topic, gents!

;D lol I almost choked on my drink over here
    edited January 2006
    No comment!
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited January 2006
    I still have an open port in my router so I'll continue to toss my hat in the ring... Always up for the cause... :thumbup :fold::fold::fold::clap:

"g"
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    !!! Outstanding !!! Four great prospects... all qualified and deserving...

:fold: DEICIST
    :fold: GTGHM
    :fold: LIQUID81
    :fold: SLEDGEHAMMER70

:respect:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Put me in.
    I still have open ports as well. I also have a nice empty spot to put it. :D.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Another Fine canidate!!!! This is gonna be a tight race... AGAIN.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Another Fine canidate!!!! This is gonna be a tight race... AGAIN.
    Good thing we have a couple to roll out :cool:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Another Fine canidate!!!!
    Hmm. Can-i-date: 1) A Canadian female selected for courting, sometimes referred to as a "co-ed". 2) A person lacking in maturity so as to render him of questionable age to start courting persons of the opposite sex. ("Can I date?")
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited January 2006
    any update on the signup?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Hmm. Can-i-date: 1) A Canadian female selected for courting, sometimes referred to as a "co-ed". 2) A person lacking in maturity so as to render him of questionable age to start courting persons of the opposite sex.
    :canflag: ;D
    edited January 2006
    deicist wrote:
    any update on the signup?
    We currently have the following fine Folding Fanatics:

:fold: MTGOAT

There are just a little over twenty-four hours left. If you want in, let's hear it. :)
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited January 2006
    Hey I’ll sign up, even though I won't stand a chance against the other FINE contestants. I've got plenty o' power and a 24/7 internet connection to spare. I've only been folding for bout 7 months though............god I hope I do better in the swim wear portion of the competition!?!?!
    edited January 2006
    Before all the voting is through
    The Committee is gonna feel blue
    There's no way to pick
    From this mighty six
    For the rig we call thirty-and-two

:fold: BUDDHA16
    :fold: MTGOAT
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Buddha16 wrote:
    Hey I’ll sign up, even though I won't stand a chance against the other FINE contestants. I've got plenty o' power and a 24/7 internet connection to spare. I've only been folding for bout 7 months though............god I hope I do better in the swim wear portion of the competition!?!?!
    Well Buddha you may be right ...you might not win this time. But by putting your name in the hat today you've got a chance and you're that much closer to being a host. Be persitent and volunteer whenever you see the chance and you'll get one someday if you prove to be responsible and trustworthy ...I can almost assure it!
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I'll throw my hat in also. I've got about 70k in points for this team as jdii1215 from Pentium 4's here and room and a 24\7 Internet connection.
    edited January 2006
    I'll throw my hat in also...
    Now I have to re-work the limerick! :grumble:;D;D;D

Before all the voting is through
    The Committee is gonna feel blue
    There's no way in heaven
    To choose from these seven
    For the rig we call thirty-and-two

:fold: BUDDHA16