Best CPU waterblock.

2»

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    a word of caution ...some may not agree with this but I'm going to say it anyway. When it comes to the hosing I would recommend you avoid clearflex. It's good stuff and reliable but there was a thread started at procooling somewhere about a white gook build up ...this is something that I encountered myself personally as well. The gook can really put a damper on your performance once it works it's ways into the nooks and crannies of your pump, block and radiator. It reminded me of plaque in the arteries and took forever to get clean.
    It must also be said that I can't remember if we determined the cause to be the fluidxp+ or the clearflex but I think that the clearflex ended up being the only common denominator.
    My solution was to replace it with some outdoor fountain hose at the local tropical fish store.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited January 2006
    csimon wrote:
    a word of caution ...some may not agree with this but I'm going to say it anyway. When it comes to the hosing I would recommend you avoid clearflex. It's good stuff and reliable but there was a thread started at procooling somewhere about a white gook build up ...this is something that I encountered myself personally as well. The gook can really put a damper on your performance once it works it's ways into the nooks and crannies of your pump, block and radiator. It reminded me of plaque in the arteries and took forever to get clean.
    It must also be said that I can't remember if we determined the cause to be the fluidxp+ or the clearflex but I think that the clearflex ended up being the only common denominator.
    My solution was to replace it with some outdoor fountain hose at the local tropical fish store.

Interesting that you mention that csimon, I had a white scum develop on the inside of my clearflex 1/2" tubing as well. I always assumed it was my swiftec water additive, but perhaps you are right about the clearflex. It took several months to form, but the tubing is no longer transparent.
  • edited January 2006
    Interesting. Thanks for the warning guys.
  • edited January 2006
    Ok. Here's what I'm looking at getting for the system in my sig:

ThermoChill PA160
    TDX Universal WaterBlock
    Danger Den D5 12V Water Pump
    Danger Den Acetal MAZE4 GPU - Low Profile
    PrimoFlex Clear Tubing - 1/2 inch
    Black Hose Clamps- 1/2
    UV Water Dye - Red/Orange
    Typhoon - Quad Reservoir (5.25" bay)

Comments, questions, concerns?
  • edited January 2006
    Sounds like a killer loop to me, you should love it.
  • edited January 2006
    Almost forgot something!

Which is better: Sending the cooled water to the GPU first, then the CPU, or vice-versa?
  • edited January 2006
    The best method is to route the tubing in the shortest length possible. Personally I send the water to the CPU then to the GPU but either way it's only adding a minimal amount of heat to the water.

The best thing to do is feed the res to the pump inlet, from the pump depending upon where everything is either send it to the rad, the GPU or the CPU and go from there.

You just want to avoid having a large restriction before the pump if you can...
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Just out of interest. What's this WC system going to end up in cost?
    And what temps will it keep the system at?
  • edited January 2006
    It'll come to about $325.

The coolest it could get is room temp unless you add chillers or pelts to the mix. I'm mostly doing this to quiet down my system.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Thnx, Appreciate the info.