Serious Failure

2»

Comments

• zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited January 2006
    Bubbleman wrote:
    I am willing to go all the way... so what do you suggest I do in the mean time?

switch the drives?
    To get up and running, yes..I would swap drives.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    If you decide to switch drives (and I would recommend that for the time being, at least), make sure you remove or at least unhook the old drive first. Otherwise, Windows is going to nag you no end about which one to boot from, not to mention a host of other problems... :aol:
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited January 2006
    Do you know the guy I mean I have very limited time to go hunting
    edited January 2006
    Ok sweet I got everything working

do you guys suggest I still use the wireless keyboard after that **** happening? or ditch it?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    The wireless keyboard did not cause your HD to croak. Go right ahead and use it. :thumbsup:
  • godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
    edited January 2006
    I don't think the keyboard caused it. I've had the filesystem on one of my drives completely implode while running a 3D graphics app, making it look like it was to blame when in fact it wasn't even possible.

Be careful if you try to fix the filesystem because chkdsk has a tendency to make things completely disappear. It's amazing. DOS and Windows have been around for so long and yet Microsoft still has no concept of data recovery.

(Edit: DOH!, Prof beat me to it) :smiles:
    edited January 2006
    I am currently running on my 160gb drive the hard drive is now out of my comp and on my shelf :)
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited January 2006
    If you want to save your old drives data, you can try running Norton Ghost on it and under options enable "Force Cloning" so that it doesn't stop when it finds disk errors.

I've saved a few long hours of trouble with crashed drives that way.