Multiple computers, One Keyboard - With a twist

edited January 2006 in Hardware
Hello, as the title would show I would like to setup a few computers to use one keyboard, however.. a kvm switch or software KVM switch will not do, because I want the keyboard to work them all at the same time.

Let me explain, Say I have three computers, all with notepad open, I'd like to be able to type on one keyboard and it come out on all of the computers.

My reason for this is because a game I play, I'd like to be able to have all of my computers perform the exact same action as the master keyboard does.

So far the kvm switches i've found/tried allow for the controlling of one computer at a time, not all at once.. and the same with the software i've found.

People have mentioned multiple wireless keyboards set to the same frequency, but i've bought some, and they just lock into one base and that's it , atleast with my experiences.. Any help would be so much appreciated!

Sorry for spelling/grammar.. english is my second language.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Serenity, thanks for posting. Don't worry about your English - it's just fine. That is a very interesting quesiton you ask. I've never heard of simultaneous commands to multiple personal computers. Hopefully someone here will have the necessary knowledge.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    If you bought several USB extension cords, cut the female ends off all but one of them, then wired them together in parallel so that you had a single female connector at one end and three male connectors at the other end it might work. You would then be able to plug the male ends into your computers and plug a USB keyboard into the female end.

CAUTION: I would do a LOT of research on this before trying it. I'm throwing the idea out there merely as a way to physically connect the hardware. What would happen electronically is anybody's guess. USB ports do supply a small amount of voltage and you could end up frying more stuff than you'd care to lose. I would bet that there would be a way to buffer the voltage or use a one-way diode, but I'm not the guy to tell you how to do it. :D