SM33 - Signup Closed

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Announcing A New SMx Computer!
:celebrate SM33 Needs A Good Home!!! :celebrate
:smokin:

It can be very difficult being a member of the SMx Committee. With 32 computers already assigned, we have never had a single election where we didn't have to turn away several qualified candidates.

The obvious solution to this problem is to keep the rigs rolling out the door as quickly as we can. As long as Team 93 is willing to support this project, that is just what we intend to do. While I'm on the subject, I would like to thank everyone who has donated parts and/or money to make the SMx Project a roaring success. Your generosity is truly appreciated. :)

This effort also depends on having a ready supply of qualified team members to Host the new rigs. Team 93 has never let us down in that regard, either. That is why it is a great pleasure to announce that SM33 is open for Host candidate signup! :D

If you meet the qualifications for hosting one of our SMx machines, why not sign up to be a candidate? You could be the one chosen to house this Folding rig in your home, not to mention having that extra Folding sig to show off your status as one of Team 93's elite group of SMx Hosts.

The Hosting Requirements and Selection Process are available on the team page. Please look them over carefully before signing up.

If you feel you meet the requirements and are willing to sign the contract, announce your candidacy by posting in this thread and giving us some details about your hosting conditions (connection, environment, etc.) and your computer ability that would mark you as a suitable host for our latest SMx Folding machine.

Here's what Team 93 has assembled for our next rig:
SM33 Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7DX
CPU: Athlon XP 2100+
Hard Drive: Maxtor 90680D4 6.80 GB
Display Adapter: 3dfx Voodoo3
Memory: TBD
NIC: Compaq NC3121 Fast Ethernet
Case: A Brand-New Case & PSU will be shipped directly to the new host.

If you happened upon this thread by accident and wonder what it is exactly that Folding hopes to accomplish, check out Join Folding for a quick summary of the F@H Project. Like many of us here, you could put your spare computer cycles to work for the betterment of mankind. Won't you consider joining us? :wave:

Sign up soon. We will give you plenty of notice before the signup period is closed and the SMx Committee vote is taken.

As per our new policy, there are no geographical limitations on hosting eligibilty.

Check out The SMx Project - Reloaded! thread for more information on the project in general. If you have any parts you could spare for future SMx rigs, go here and have a look at what we need. Memory (PC1600 or greater) and Motherboards are in extremely short supply. To keep this project going we need your help.

Good luck, everybody! :thumbsup::fold:

Comments

• edited January 2006
    man you guys have really been giving these things out like candy at halloween lately. i would sign up but i dont meet the age requirements yet.

bikerboy
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited January 2006
    Hey i'm totally in. Would love to do my part and give a rig a nice home. Sign me up.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    bikerboy wrote:
    ...i would sign up but i dont meet the age requirements yet.
    I felt the same way (in reverse) when they wouldn't let me on the kiddie rides at Camp Snoopy at Cedar Point... :bawling:

Don't worry, bikerboy - that problem will correct itself automatically before you know it. :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I am all in! My environment is pretty much the same as last time... Fiber internet constant 70 Degree room or colder, plenty of room for more rigs on the network. I hope I meet the requirements, as I think I have shown my dedication to Team 93 thus far :)
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    prof, the countdown continues :)

later time i was at cedar point he raptor broke by ****ing newck and i couldnt move my head for like a week, i didnt sue them because im not a pansy
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Straight_Man is in, same environment and etc as before, am a CompTIA certified tech, etc, etc.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Sounds like a nice point-generator.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    OMG, a VooDoo 3! :respect::respect:
    edited January 2006
    wanna know what is really sad!

I DIDN't SEE IT HAD A VOODOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3dfx_3dfxzone.it.jpg

The original Quad GPU setup

red-2004-08-23.jpg

I know I know, that this rig isn't a voodoo 5! but still a Voodoo Card is one to rule them all!
    edited January 2006
    With any luck, one of our future rigs will be sporting one of these:
    edited January 2006
    I have a image of that framed! one of my buddies framed and matted it....as I am the graphics guru for life :)
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited January 2006
    I'm in again, one day an SM rig will be mine :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    bump ...

nice rig!!! One SM33 coming right up!
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    hey prof. anyway you can send me one of those "bitchin fast 3d 2000's"? I might have to do a few case mods to handle that beast though.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    You can get that card free if you win this auction.
    edited January 2006
    hmmm??? this thread got quite! lets change that!
    :Rocker: :celebrate
    SMx PARTY :celebrate:Rocker:
    edited January 2006
    i already have a project truck. an orange 78 ford courier. im taking what looks like a 1.8 inline 4 out and putting either a 3.1L, 3.4L, or 3.8L V-6 in it, depending on what fits and what i can get ahold of. im thinking of useing a ford engine instead but ford doesnt make any good V6's except for the mustang 3.8.

cool thing is, this truck litterally weighs nothing. with even a 3.4L, this think would fly. it could be dangerous. id have to replace the tranny cause id end up droping it on the road anyway:rarr:
    edited January 2006
    :topic:
    edited January 2006
    :whocares: ... darn-it....shorty, i proclaim we get one!!
    edited January 2006
    :whocares: ...
    Please stay on topic or you'll find out. :cool:
    edited January 2006
    i do believe i was just shot down. but back to the topic.

what is the floating point performance on the rig.
    edited January 2006
    ...what is the floating point performance on the rig.
    Fifty-seven grams. :wave:

It's averaging 1,000 ppw on my test bench, if anyone is wondering. :cheers:
    edited January 2006
    We have about 48 hours left for you to sign up. Anyone else in?

Here are the candidates thus far:

:fold: Buddha16
    :fold: Sledgehammer70
    :fold: Straight_Man
    :fold: deicist

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I'm in.... oh wait... I'm on the committee... crap.... nevermind, threre seems to already be enough GREAT potential hosts.

FOLD ON
    edited January 2006
    Last Call!

Signup closes in a few hours. :)
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Last Call!

Signup closes in a few hours. :)

If I use the colors Green, Pink and Yellow in a statment/ joke can I win?

A mexican headed to the boarder to try to get across by asking the nice boarder patrol man! as he walks up to the boarder he sees the Border patrol man let another one of his amigos into the USA! So he walks up to the officer and ask "How can I get over to the US side to live a rich full life?" the offer says "If you use the colors Green, Pink & yellow in the same statment I will let you pass" so the mexican sat and thought about it for 1 minute and said " I got it" the officer says oh really?

The phone goes Green Green, so I Pink it up, and say Yellow! :)
  • edited January 2006
    If I use the colors Green, Pink and Yellow in a statment/ joke can I win?

A mexican headed to the boarder to try to get across by asking the nice boarder patrol man! as he walks up to the boarder he sees the Border patrol man let another one of his amigos into the USA! So he walks up to the officer and ask "How can I get over to the US side to live a rich full life?" the offer says "If you use the colors Green, Pink & yellow in the same statment I will let you pass" so the mexican sat and thought about it for 1 minute and said " I got it" the officer says oh really?

The phone goes Green Green, so I Pink it up, and say Yellow! :)

haha i think he should get it!

bikerboy
    edited January 2006
    bikerboy wrote:
    haha i think he should get it!
    He's gonna get it, alright... :ninja:

;D
    edited January 2006
    :eek:
    edited January 2006
    Signup is now closed.

Good luck to each of our fine candidates!

(And you, too, Sledge. ;D )

j/k :vimp: