F@H slow?

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
hey, whats the average time it takes to finish a Wu ? im just wondering because yesterday it said like 1 day and something, and then today it still said 1 day. and now it says 15 hours, is that slow?

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited January 2006
    It depends on the WU your crunching and also your CPU. The better the CPU, the quicker a WU should be completed. But normally, a WU does take a day or two to complete.

Hope that helps. I'm sure someone will give you more detail if you need it :)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited January 2006
    Also the size of the Proc, how much ram and does the puter do other things.
    Lots of variables.

54 pointers go through fairly quick. 600 point ones don't.:smiles:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Go Short-Media's download page, and look for Electron Microscope. Download Electron Microscope III and the work unit "Calculator". This will show in very user friendly graphics what work units your system processes, how long they take to process, and how many points per day and week your system manages. Below is an example of EMIII tracking four computers, two of them hyperthreading, and one with two CPU cores, for seven instances of Folding simultaneously. You can set EMIII to create reports and track work unit history.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    ok, ill download that. also ive got 1 gb of ram and i rarely use it. every once in a while ill have photoshop and stuff up that could bogg it down a little though. but thats probably whats taking so long because his one has 500.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    actually i wasnt able to find electron microscope
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006