Computer Fails to Operate in Windows

edited January 2006 in Hardware
Hi, I am having a similar problem with the same PC model. How was it solved in the end? The computer turns on but almost all of the times the monitor turns off after the windows logo appears on the screen. The weird thing is that it randomly turns on perfectly. I tried several times removing each of the cards, I updated the bios, I updated the video card driver from the dell website, I changed the hard disk and reinstalled windows XP, and I still have the problem...
Thanks for the help

[Moderator Edit] The computer in question is a Dell Dimension 8300

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    How was it solved in the end?
    The problem has not been solved. We are still trying to figure out what component(s) is damaged/destroyed.

Anibal, thanks for joining Short-Media. I am cutting off your post so that it won't distract from the other person's thread, and so that your problem can receive stand-alone attention with its own thread.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    When you say your computer "randomly turns on perfectly", what do you mean. It just out of the blue turns itself on? Don't understand.