Dell P1110 dead, no led

edited January 2006 in Hardware
I just recieved a Dell p1110 from work. It will not power on or do anything. I checked the fuse and thats ok. Capacitor C627 exploded. I replaced that but still no power. I hooked everything up and there doesn't seem to be any power being output through the 4 connectors going to the other side of the monitor. I tested the power switch and it tested good. Anyone know where I can get a replacement board or take a stab at where to look further? I tried to trace the board and from what I could tell everything else looked good.

Thanks

Please email me at [email]turbobaja (at) gmail.com[/email] if you have the part, know how to get it, or know a possible solution.

[EDIT] I edited your email address, removing the '@'. There a lowlifes with automated email sniffers that scan websites looking for active email addresses.

Leonardo

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Please email me at [email]turbobaja (at) gmail.com[/email] if you have the part, know how to get it, or know a possible solution.

Emailing would be fine, but please also post any advice, fixes, or links here as well. That way more than one person can benefit from the information.
  • P991-DELL-SONYP991-DELL-SONY California
    edited January 2006
    Um wow, that sounds interesting. Capacitor C627 is on the D board? I wonder if it was the original failure, or if it was part of an avalanche of failures caused by some other initial failure. You do have the service manual for this monitor? Just checking, some people don't bother to look, but believe it or not, googling is almost always succesfull at finding a free one.

Good luck with that.