DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
edited February 2006 in Folding@Home
WooHoo just finish my first WU
Round of DRINKS for everyone :beer: lol

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Congrats on the first WU! :D

Welcome to the team and to Short Media! ;)

I hope you enjoy our little home and kick your feet up as well.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Congrats on the first wu,

Coffee for me please, I'm driving.:bigggrin:
  • edited January 2006
    congrats on your first wu. welcome to our little spot on the internet. enjoy it as long as you want.
    im underage so i geuss ill be having root beer.

bikerboy
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    Welcome.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Congratulations on your first work unit completion. You are now initiated, and perhaps addicted.

(I moved your thread here. It's more appropriate than in The Pub. If you want it back in The Pub, let me know.)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Welcome to team 93! :D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Can we carry our drinks outside the Pub?:D
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    In here is fine and by wednesday my second will be done.
    But question. How many WUs do I have to do to get in this little race you all have going? I know I join in late, Well not when you all did.
    Just wanted to know if it's possible to get in the ranking atleast to tap some
    of the regular on the shoulders.
    Than it may come alittle addicted.
    But reading some of the rigs you all have compare to them I'm trying catch
    a sports car and I'm using a VW. lol
    edited January 2006
    Donut not where I'm at in Florida you go off the property You are BUSTED.
    So don't take a chance :)
    edited January 2006
    In here is fine and by wednesday my second will be done.
    But question. How many WUs do I have to do to get in this little race you all have going? I know I join in late, Well not when you all did.
    Just wanted to know if it's possible to get in the ranking atleast to tap some
    of the regular on the shoulders.
    Than it may come alittle addicted.
    But reading some of the rigs you all have compare to them I'm trying catch
    a sports car and I'm using a VW. lol

Here are a couple pages, updated several times a day, where you can track your progress and anyone else's, for that matter: here and here. Stanford University's Folding home page also has excellent links for statistics tracking.

Catch up? Trust me, you aren't the last user to sign up and get started. You are already ahead of others who have just signed up. We all started somewhere, and not necessarily at the beginning of the project. It doesn't matter who much production you have, there will always be someone ahead of you. There are some folks who have scores of computers under their names. What is fun though, if you are a beginner and feel overwhelmed by the 'power' around you, is to track your progress against other noobs. Try this database, which tracks all users with 1000 points or more. It may take you a while to accumulate 1000 points, but maybe not!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Try busting me with my coffee!:bigggrin:

As far as our race, it's for cures, we just have friendly competitions with the points awarded. Once you finish your first unit your entered.

I went to go look for some links for you and Leo's all over it:thumbsup:
    edited January 2006
    Another ? I'm doing 14s/frame is there a way to speed that up?
    keep in mind I only have pentium4 2 GHz with 256 ram
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited January 2006
    DogDragon wrote:
    ... How many WUs do I have to do to get in this little race you all have going? ...

It takes just one and you're in and at the time of this post you are 922nd. You've basically blown by almost 500 names on team 93. Maybe on Wednesday another 100 more? At that rate .... erm ....

Just know that the front page has essentially been alerted to your presence :vimp: and are on constant vigil. So, grasshopper, begins a long but worthwhile and worthy journey ... :ninja:
    edited January 2006
    Ok I'll wait till I get a 1000 points than see where I'm at
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    There are things to do to speed them up a little, close un-necessary background apps., make sure your system is clean (spyware, virii, etc). Basically forget it's there, Folding will use only what is available. If your using the GUI client,(red cog in the corner) don't leave the display open.

Damn, I have to learn how to use all my fingerrs to type with!:sawed:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    At 1000 pts, wander over to the milestones thread. You will officially recieve your first:fold:
    edited January 2006
    Hey there, Buckwheat, you are already on the scoreboard. Check it out!
    edited January 2006
    recieve my first red gear ok what's that other than the icon in my task bar?
    edited January 2006
    why Donut leaving it open slows it down? I leave it open when I'm not in front of the pc so when I do get back I can see how far it got than I close it to surf,email,whatever
    edited January 2006
    recieve my first red gear ok what's that other than the icon in my task bar?
    It's just an indicator of a fierce trojan that will destroy all data on your hard drive and also on anyone's computer that has communicated with yours.

just kidding

:smiles:
    edited January 2006
    LMAO
    Ok,Thanks I needed that laugh
    Oh tell Donut I called the cops he left with one of my coffee cups
    they should be knocking on his door. :)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    DogDragon wrote:
    LMAO
    Ok,Thanks I needed that laugh
    Oh tell Donut I called the cops he left with one of my coffee cups
    they should be knocking on his door. :)

Yes Officer, I might have that particular coffee cup.
    By chance do you have a description of it? Ok check in my truck, it's most likely in that pile with the rest of them, No we don't need a Haz-Mat team. Just give me a picture of the missing cup and I'll find it. Watch out for the ice in the driveway. Damn, that's gonna leave a mark.:D
    edited January 2006
    Ok how do you put a pic in without a link as an attachment
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Use the Manage Attachments button. You won't see the picture you've uploaded if you preview the post, but it'll be there. :)
    edited January 2006
    Ok Donut find it if you can :vimp:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Okay, got 6 of 'em, wait couple more in the back of the truck, okay which one is yours?:bigggrin:

Better than that, when/if I get down your way I'll buy you another.:thumbsup:
    edited February 2006
    Well come on down, I'll be happy to meet ya and I'll get you acouple more to add to your collection :)