Bluescreen Bluescreen Bluescreen Bluescreen Bluescreen

2»

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited February 2006
    You CAN use the ASUS windows flashing utility. You have to go into its options and check the box next to "Downgrade Bios" (or something like that). Thats what I did to mine and it allowed me to downgrade from windows.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Hmm, there were no options when I used it before. Just the - Download new BIOS, Download from internet, flash from file, save to file. Hell, the download options didn't even work, they said there was no usable files on the server!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    There should be an option to use the software to manually flash the BIOS of your choice. I'm sure you've got the same software as my Asus board. You go to the Asus site, select the BIOS you want, open the flashing software, and select the options to navigate to the BIOS file you've stored in a folder.
    edited February 2006
    Yes, there is, then it checks the BIOS file and tells me that it WONT flash the BIOS because the version I am trying to flash with is older than the version installed and that I have to go to the Asus site, download the DOS AWDFLASH program and flash it from DOS.
    edited February 2006
    ARGH ****ING JESUS CHRIST

It's done it twice in the last few hours again now so it seems it wasn't the Audigy, it just happened to be a coincidence that it decided to stop doing it for a while when I took it out. The error code it gives (DWORD Hex at the bottom of the screen is just 0X000000F4) but I'm really running out of options. I'm tempted just to sell the whole lot and not bother with a PC anymore because I really am at the end of my leash. I wasn't in a good state of mind in the first place and this is just the end of it now.
    edited February 2006
    One thing that keeps cropping up is things being possibly a Hardware issue. I've also heard people going on about issues with Maxtor drives and this motherboard, like here for example http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive69-2005-4-175000.html .

Problem is there isn't anything technically wrong with the drive so I can't send it back, I don't have a spare drive and none of the other machines have drives near this size (and the one that does doesn't have SATA).

I'm going to go mad.
    edited February 2006
    Heh, not entirely sure why I bother posting problems here, I always end up fixing them myself.

Anyway, I forgot that while trying to get SATA working and installing XP initially, I flashed the BIOS to version 1010 and it seems that is when it all started and went wrong. I reflashed back down to 1008 (after much effort due to the retarded ASUS program that wont let you flash back down forcing you to flash from DOS with a program that they make stupidly hard to find on their site) but yeah, been ok for over a day now.
  • edited February 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    Heh, not entirely sure why I bother posting problems here, I always end up fixing them myself.

Thats not a very nice thing to say ! I made and posted on my webspace an iso for a bootable cd with the proper flash app and some bios files, 1008 and a beta :nudge:
    I reflashed back down to 1008 (after much effort due to the retarded ASUS program that wont let you flash back down forcing you to flash from DOS with a program that they make stupidly hard to find on their site) but yeah, been ok for over a day now.

Imagine that...glad it's working out for you :clap:
  • edited March 2006
    Hey Enverex!
    It seems we got the samea problem...I randomly get the friggin blue scree...but i haven't found the solution yet.
    my system in overview:
    asus a8n sli premium
    3 X Maxtor DM10 160 GB in RAID 5
    2 X 1024 GeIL DDR
    I have neither upgraded nor downgraded my bios.
    I think the problem might be caused be the hard drives.
    Do you have any idea how I could solve this?
    thanks,
    spinsta

Enverex wrote:

Anyway, I forgot that while trying to get SATA working and installing XP initially, I flashed the BIOS to version 1010 and it seems that is when it all started and went wrong. I reflashed back down to 1008 (after much effort due to the retarded ASUS program that wont let you flash back down forcing you to flash from DOS with a program that they make stupidly hard to find on their site) but yeah, been ok for over a day now.