edited February 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys. I just built a new rig:
Intel Pentium D 930
Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Pro
2GB G.Skill DDR2 667
Evga 7800GT
Dynex 500W Powersupply
Sound Blaster Audigy

I plugged in all the power connectors to the board (24pin and the 4 pin 12V connector), and the PCI Express connector to the video card. There is a spot for a hard drive connector on the motherboard to supply the PCI-Express bus more power if you are using a lot of PCI-X devices. I tried not connecting this and connecting it. The CPU is running at a chilly 26C in the bios, and get to about 30C even after I leave it there for a while, it seems I put the HSF on or that would be a lot higher. Thats nowhere near the temp alarm. I turned off the temp alarm and the low fan speed alarm. The computer still beeps at me. Every 30-60 seconds one beep. I have no idea what this is. Any Ideas guys? I even (Gasp!!!) read the manuals! The power supply is supplying adequate voltage, as I did check on this. I know it's a no name brand, but they have been good in the past to me. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited February 2006
    Sounds like a POST beep code to me.

Is there anywhere in your handbook that tells you beep codes?

I would try reseating my ram first, then if that doesn't work try reseating the vid card or using the second PCIE slot for it if you haven't already.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Have you tried putting the BIOS in default settings to see if still beeps? 30*C? That doesn't seem right, seems low. But then, I'm accustomed to the 820, which is two Presscot cores.

Single beep. That might be video related. Are you running in dual channel mode? If yes, are your memory modules arrayed correctly for dual channel according to the manual?
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited February 2006
    I think I forgot to mention, it is doing the beep while in windows. it boots and works fine. I did make sure the DIMMS were correct, and there are beep codes, but nothing about continuous beeps once in windows. I just got home, and will try the other RAM slots and the other PCI-E slot and see if that helps. Thanks guys.
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited February 2006
    OK, so I just resat everything! And now it is no longer beeping. YAY! Thanks for the input guys!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Now that you have a baseline, default settings, just be attentive to any tweaks you perform. It should be easy to determine what causes the sound as long as you don't make too many changes at one time.
  • dstyle347dstyle347 Boston
    edited February 2006
    I'm glad that stuff worked cause my suggestion was gonna be to just pee on it...