Pentium D 930 OC

reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
edited February 2006 in Hardware
So I got my new Pentium D 930 rig up and running (no beeps!) and it is going well. I have it at 3.5Ghz from 3.0Ghz with a 933Mhz FSB. Stable so far. I'm going game some tonight and then let it fold for 24hours straight and see where we get. Looking good for out of the box and stock cooling!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    I'll enjoy this thread. That's impressive for stock cooling.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited February 2006
    glad to hear a good oc. these dual cores sure are showing their bang for their buck! what are the specs of your machine
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited February 2006
    So, that 3.5 didn't last all night, It did eventually lock up. I backed it off 100Mhz and things are still going well. MBM doesn't support my motherboard so I don't really know how hot things are running while folding. All I can do it look in the BIOS. If it can last at least 48hours folding with no errors in the folding, It will be stable enough for me.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited February 2006
    what motherboard are you using?

im sure there are utilities made by the manufacturer that will allow you to see the temps in windows. just need to look!
    edited February 2006
    If it's Asus, use Asus Probe. I think MSI has software too.
  • edited February 2006
    You can also thry Speedfan, rbf. Another good app for netburst procs to download is called throttlewatch, which will tell you if your processor is hitting the TM1 or TM2 state throttling. That is for sure a good indicator that you are having a heat problem, as all the throttling is done on the processor itself. Plus, I would highly recommend getting a Thermaltake Big Typhoon hsf for that Pentium D. It's big and badazz and low noise to boot. Just ask Leo; that's what he has on his 820 and clocking higher than your 930.
    edited February 2006
    It is a gigabyte motherboard. I am looking into the big typhoon.
    edited February 2006
    Oh, thanks Mudd. Hey RBF, Mudd had recommended Throttlewatch to me when I started overclocking my D820. I was sure that the CPU was not throttling. Throttlewatch proved me wrong. It's a cool little monitor. You'll like it.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited February 2006
    What kind of memory are you using?
    edited February 2006
    Nightwolf has a good point. Post your memory specs. While you are at it, post all the specs. It'll be much easier for us to help you out with your OC if we know what you're running.
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited February 2006
    Speedfan 4.20 should show your temps.
    edited February 2006
    Its G.Skill DDR2 667 4-4-4-12