Well I just started

skywalker45skywalker45 Bloomington, IN. USA
edited February 2006 in Folding@Home
Hey guys. I just started folding tonight. Thought I should since I'm helping out in the SVT forum now. I downloaded the non-console client (as suggested) and since I have 1.5GB RAM I allowed large jobs. My question is am I doing this right? The client starts as a service. I haven't noticed any degradation in my PC speed but my processor is always running at 100%. I suppose this is normal? I don't know if this is the right place for this or not but I'm just saying HI! I'm skywalker45, real name is Jody. I've worked in the PC industry all my life and PC's are my passion. Currently I work as a systems integrator/analyst/IT guy with a weather radar company. All our platforms run under Linux but Windows is my favorite. Sad to say though over the years I've become a little more proficient with Linux than with Windows but hey Windows is MY OS! And I have a passion for helping those with PC problems and I want to help cure diseases. I believe I've made the right choice.

I found a link to "when do I get my button under my name that says "team 93". So I guess I have to wait until my first work unit is done, correct? Thanks guys for offering such a wonderful service to what we all already provide to the public.

skywalker

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Good to see you are folding.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Jody, you're doing fine. The CPU should be at a nice steady pace. I set all my work PC's at 90% due to problems with another process we run that is set to idle. But all my personal PC's run 100% CPU and I've even set F@H to run at Low priority instead of idle.

Oh.... and thanks for helping the team out!!! :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Hey Jody :)

Welcome to the team!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Welcome, Jody! :cheers:
  • skywalker45skywalker45 Bloomington, IN. USA
    edited February 2006
    My daughter is now folding also for team Short-Media #93. This is some pretty cool stuff!
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited February 2006
    Welcome to the team :thumbsup:
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited February 2006
    Welcome Tzo The Fold!!!!!@!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Welcome. You will make the scoreboard when your first unit is completed.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Welcome to the Team Jody :)

I can see that you going to fit right in here!!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    Welcome - both of you! :wave::fold:
  • Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited February 2006
    A family that folds together....helps a great cause together...welcome aboard to the both of ya.