Asus A8V Deluxe gone bad?

edited February 2006 in Hardware
Ok, so what started out as a software issue has now become an entire PC catastophe. My pc had random software issues, and now will not accept SP2, my USB drives are not recognizing items on bootup, and I'm getting errors before the windows splash screen. Is anyone in agreeance with me that this is the motherboard? I'm not looking to spend $120-200 for a new motherboard if this isn't going to correct the issue. For further explination, see this thread (in the software forums)

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41982

Thanks!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    I've been looking for a new motherboard for my system no. 4. I came accross some information very similar to what you are reporting, except the motherboard was an Abit AW8 (Socket 775). The owner was unable to remedy the problem and returned the motherboard to the seller for a replacement. I am not saying your problem is the motherboard, but barring malware, it would seem the board is going bad. Have you checked the Abit-USA forums?