Hyperlink color

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited January 2007 in Community
Hello all

Maybe it is just me or my aging eyes or my inability to discerne certain colors but, I have a real problem with the default color of hyperlinks. The "Short-Media" Teal or whatever color it is ...while being a great color in and of itself...I sometimes miss "links" all together beacuse it is to close in color to the regular text. If you guys do not want to change the color maybe an underline or something. I know I am not the only one ( at least I want to think so ) I have noticed some new people seeking advice being linked to certain files or diagnostic programs and missing them completly.

What do you guys think ?

Could we change this (I can barley see that as being different from the rest of the text )
To maybe something like this or this or this

I had to bring it up it has been bugging me for a while now.

Thanks

Scott

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    I have the same problem. It must be our aging eyes. I know that lighting conditions and color really affect my vision these days. I kind of like the purpleish color or maybe a geenish one like this.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    After posting I started "looking" at the page a little more closely and now wonder if a change like that would be a "Global" change as in all hyperlinks on the page ? like the Nav tree and previous and next and user name......so on , so forth. I hope not.

Scott
  • edited February 2006
    i too have that trouble and im only 17. i think then purple stands out but doesnt blend in with the background. just my thoughts on this.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    I have a REAL hard time seeing links on my work PC because of the high resolution of the LCD... I usually underline and bold my links so they stick out better...

This is with the bold and underline or this is without bolding or underlining the test.

I'm not sure it's the color or what...
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    That looks a lot better Q
    I will be sure and do that from now on.

Now we just have to get everybody else to do it.

Send the memo

Scott
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Well... I fixed it (by adding an underline to links in posts)... 11 months later... :(

//edit: Wait a minute, I wasn't an admin 11 months ago. Frowny face and guilt rescinded. :p
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Don't worry...the memo didn't have the proper cover sheet on it and got filed incorrectly.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Underline is a good idea. The color we've been using for hyperlinks about the worst color and shade that could be had. It's a stealth color, as if the we really didn't want people to notice.

Thanks for the underline fix.