Fun weekend coming up

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited February 2006 in Hardware
So, I recently ordered some new computer parts but was waiting for an opty 170 to come back in stock... that's now happened so this weekend I will be:

gutting my machine and putting my new motherboard, CPU, graphics card and memory in there...

Putting the motherboard, graphics card etc from my machine into my flatmates machine...

putting the motherboard etc... from my flatmates machine into my girlfriends machine

putting the motherboard etc from GF's machine into one that my flatmate uses at work....

putting the graphics card from my flatmates machine into my media centre machine...

putting the graphics card from the media centre machine into my GF's machine...

swapping the hard drive in my machine with the one in the media centre machine...

in all that's about 4 complete machine builds I think, and lots of swapping around. Should be fun :)

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Enjoy! :)
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited February 2006
    Is a flatmate like a roommate? I'm from the backwoods..:mullet:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    A flatmate is friend who wasn't careful enough when crossing the street.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    A flatmate is friend who wasn't careful enough when crossing the street.
    {groan} :rolleyes:

You're getting to be as bad with the puns as I am, Leo... ;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    I've always been that bad, just not as bold as you (or shameful...:nudge: ).
  • ShortyShorty
    steers the thread back on course for a moment..

Sounds like a busy weekend for you matey ;D

/me steers it horribly off cou...
    Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    steers the thread back on course for a moment..

Sounds like a busy weekend for you matey ;D

/me steers it horribly off course...

Apartments are generally referred to as "flats" in the UK. A "flatmate" is someone who rents a flat with you. A two bedroom flat would have two flatmates. A three bedroom flat would have three.

Why you crazy guys call them "roommates" I have no idea.. when you don't share a bedroom ...
  • edited February 2006
    Because we don't call apartments "flats" here in the far west, and it's awefully difficult to say "apartmentmates".
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited February 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Why you crazy guys call them "roommates" I have no idea.. when you don't share a bedroom ...
    Now now Dan, they're all concenting adults, it's up to them how they carry on.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited February 2006
    Ya, for awhile I thought a flat was some sort of special apartment...like a loft or something. Lol, theres no way I would be caught dead calling someone a "flatmate" here in the backwoods. I'd probably be hung or ran out of town or something =D