Need Help DRAM Error and Media Test Failure

edited February 2006 in Hardware
I've been getting a long continuous tone signyfying DRAM Error, how I get rid of it, I tried cleaning, swapping out nothing works plus I get an error that looks like this NVIDIA BOOT AGENT
Nvidia Boot Agent
Copyright Nvidia Corporation
Copyright Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F Exiting Nvidia Boot Agent

after that the machine just goes dead. This is newly biult never got it working.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Please post your system specifications:

motherboard
    CPU
    memory
    power supply unit
    video card
    operating system
    any unusual or uncommon software
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    Check the Boot Device order; make sure Network (LAN) boot is last on the list. You may also want to temporarily disable the onboard LAN (NIC) if there is one. Once you get the chipset drivers installed you can re-enable it.

Good luck. :)
  • edited February 2006
    motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal
    CPU: P4 3.4 Ghz
    memory: Corsair ddr2 XMS2 5400
    power supply unit: 600WATT
    video card:EVGA N 6800GS 256-P2-N391-AX R
    operating system: NONE YET, TRYING TO PUT IT ON (WIN XP PRO SER PK 2)

HELP PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY
  • edited February 2006
    But I Cant Seem To Get Past This Problem I Keep Getting Dram Error, Media Test Failure, And Sometimes Disk Boot Error Insert Disk And Press Enter. And There Is No Way I Can Even Start To Install Windows I Even Have The Dvd Drive On Cs Instead Of Master And The Other One Is Slave The 2 250gb Hard Drives Are Sata
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    The DRAM error indicates a memory problem. Give your computer a few passes of Memtest-86 and see what you find.

As for the boot disk message, are you hitting F6 when prompted to install drivers? Watch the bottom of the screen carefully as soon as the system boots from the Windows CD and go from there. You should have a floppy disk which came with the MB to use.
  • edited February 2006
    I Cant Do Any Of That, I Have Never Istalled Anything On There, The Hard Drives Are Empty After Biulding System I Have Not Gotton Further Than Post. It Wont Letme Do Anything. And Dont Have A Any Disks. It Doesnt Prompt Me To Press F6. Right Now I Am Trying To Get It From Shutting Down On Me And Stop The Disk Error. And I Cant Get It To Read Win Xp Cd In The Drive
    AND IT KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN ABROPTLY
  • edited February 2006
    I have got it to start loading windows setup but it would shut down in the middle of it. After like three times it noe says error loading os press any key to boot from cd. but i no control over keyboard at that stage.:mean: