Computer TOO fast?

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited February 2006 in Hardware
Playing the NFS underground and NFS most wanted and they games all run TOO fast I mean the speed on them is amazingly to fast and u cant controll them. Whats going on?

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Try turning V-Sync on...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Just drink three cups of very strong coffee before you start playing. Also, put on a CD of the Chipmunks when you play. Spppeeedy! :bigggrin:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    did V sync, Only thing that works is playing while folding cause it takes up the opther Core
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2006
    I'll hope this might help you.

Dual Core Gaming Fix Guide

Windows XP SP2 Dual Core Performance Fix

Also read what Ugly_n_Grey at XS has to say about this issue and solution, in this thread.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77067
  • edited February 2006
    Gnome, start the game and then bring up the task manager and set affinity to just one core. I ran across the same problem with a game too. Strangely enough though, I had no problems with this on either NFSU2 or NFS HP2.

It happens because XP tries to run the game on both cores on your DC processor. Just imagine though; if you could get to where you could play the game like that you could then set affinity and go online and really kick some serious ass. ;D;D
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2006
    Set The Affinity To Use 1 Cpu
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited February 2006
    Take a turbocharger off duh.