Icrontic2

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Folding@Home
I've been folding Icrontic2 for 1 week and tonight I made a connection to turn in whatever points she may have produced within the week. I was a little surprised to see that she had completed 3 tinkers worth 239 points each ...so the grand total getting turned in this week is 717 points.

I've checked the work folder and fahlog.txt and it appears that she has also accumulated more work for the following week so everything seems ready to go. Points should be close to the same except she's in the middle of a wu right now so maybe a little more or little less.

I'm including an EMIII screenie ...and I'm posting from her now. I'll hook her up again next weekend and see what she spits out.

So ...so far so good. Wish us well!:csimon:

Thanks
csimon & Icrontic2

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    nice work chris!!!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Thanks Q ...I figure it's the best use of 1.4ghz right now. Well worth it. :fold:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    Wow - you're really squeezing the juice out of that old-school T-Bird 1400! :wow2:

It's good to see this rig from Team 93's early days coming back to life. Well done, csimon! :thumbsup::csimon:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    No prob chris.... IC/SM2 is in good hands, no doubt! :thumbup
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2006
    w00t Go Chris!
    edited March 2006
    Thanks fellahs!

Chunk up another 717 points for this week as well! :fold::csimon:
    edited March 2006
    Smokin'! :D

:smokin:
    edited March 2006
    717 more this Sunday and she was at frame 319|400 on the current wu. It's possible by next Sunday I could have 956 but if I only turn in the usual 717 then the following weekend should show the 956. This is all granted she keeps getting 239 pointers steady with no hiccups! :fold:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    That's some nice work. ;)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    She's doing well, Chris.
    edited March 2006
    Thanks John ...I made a connection to dload/upload about an hour ago ...I checking to see if it was successful. So far I can't tell.

An update ...well the good news is I turned in another 717 bringing the grand total up to 125019 ...:woowoo:. The extra 239 didn't get turned in yet however since it's only at 368 right now ...so possibly next weekend.

I suppose the stats will take a bit to update but they're in for this weekend for sure! :wave::csimon:
    edited March 2006
    Steady as a rock, man. You're going to have that rig in the Top 100 soon. :thumbsup:
    edited March 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Steady as a rock, man. You're going to have that rig in the Top 100 soon. :thumbsup:

Really! Thanks for pointing that out prof I hadn't really even noticed til you said that. Top 100 here we come!!! :fold: :woowoo:
    edited March 2006
    Welp ...956 points closer to top 100! Total 125975 as of tonight.
    I figured out that the reason I can't just plug the modem once a week and expect everything to up/dn load on it's own is because of AVG.

So anyway ...all turned in for the week!
    edited April 2006
    bump ...Monday I'm leaving for Orange Beach Alabama for some R&R and will be gone a week. I'll turn in points tomorrow (Easter Sunday) so that it can have a fresh set of downloads to chew on while I'm away.

It's been almost 3 weeks ...I wanted to only wait for two but last weekend I was having problems on my main rig turning in and receiving new work so I didn't want to chance it.

Also I'm hoping to turn in around 2k points.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Nice work, Chris.
    edited April 2006
    Thanks Leo!

Turned in 8 tonight for approx. 1912 points. Also dloaded 10 more to work on. It seems that 2 from the last batch had misloaded or something so it probably hadn't folded for part of today ...just a guess. Just tells me not to wait 3 weeks between dloads unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway see you guys in a week. :thumbsup::fold:
    edited April 2006
    Wow - 1912 points in one shot! :D
  • edited April 2006
    can you download more than 1 WU at a time for one computer?

bikerboy
    edited April 2006
    Yep. It's useful for when you only have intermittent Internet access. You still only want to crunch one WU (per core, CPU, or HT instance) at a time, though. :)
  • edited April 2006
    how do you set it up to do this?

bikerboy
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2006
    Its in advanced options. Something about WUs w/o deadlines or a queue of WUs.
  • edited April 2006
    thanks. got it set up.

bikerboy
    edited April 2006
    is it working for you bikerboy? You can tell by looking at the wu's in the work folder ...they are numbered like 1-9 or something like that.
  • edited April 2006
    yup i downloaded a bunch of them. how do you get them to send? do you have to wait till they are all done?

bikerboy
    edited April 2006
    they'll send automatically when you have a connection. If you want to manually send wu's in que then just run a shortcut with the "-sendall" flag. If the servers they are assigned to are actively accepting then they'll go ...if they are inactive they won't.