Dual Xeon or Dual Opteron??

2»

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Are you going to overclock it? If you do I bet you can get 1k ppd out of it with timeless tinkers.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2006
    csimon wrote:
    Are you going to overclock it? If you do I bet you can get 1k ppd out of it with timeless tinkers.

Not too sure yet, Chris. At the moment we are battling to keep the farm cool enough due to our summer weather. At this stage we'll be very happy just to get it running.:) When we do, we will definitely need assistance.

The build is coming along steadily. The case takes a bit of getting used to. Different set up from all our others. Having a removable motherboard tray is a bonus. Sure makes it a lot easier.

The HDD's live in cages. We bought an extra one so it works out 2 HDD's per cage. Should be much cooler. Also bought a long skinny fan set up, like a drum. This was supposed to go in the door that holds 4 fans. Could not get it to work as we put 2 x Zalman 9500's on the CPU's. They are a lot bigger than standard HSF's.

Just a couple of updated pic's.
    edited March 2006
    Each HDD box has a 120mm fan. Should keep it cool enough. Sofar got to put in the 8 sticks of 512Mb of ram and now starting on the cabling. The 620W psu still has not arrived, so getting it started with a 600W meant for another comp that is getting an Opteron 175 in place of a X2 3800.

The fun never stops.:)
    edited March 2006
    Just a bit of an update. She is getting there slowly. A few hiccups to sort and try to progress further. Memtest had no errors. Presently doing 4 x StressCPU. :smiles:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    That is not reducing my jealousy level even one little bit... :vimp:

Beautiful rig! :respect:
  • edited March 2006
    OH MAN, that looks beautiful, Jon. I know that Sally will have a blast with that machine.:woowoo: :kneel:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2006
    :wow: :smokin:

No drooling smilie?