A8R-MVP problems and fixes "post your experiences here"

2»

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    omg I KNOW - I about flipped out when I saw that! :eek2:
    The link in your sig over there doesn't work ...somehow I made it back here anyway to tell you though. :clap:;D
  • edited March 2006
    Well mates

im running at 1T now..just relaxed timmings from 2-2-2-6 ( Default ) to 2.5-3-3-8...and worked :) as CSIMON suggested and woot...

I read somewhere that the best TRAS for RD480 is 7 and for RD580 its 8 maybe tonight im gonna try that..running my 3500+ ( 2.2GHz ) at 2.6 GHz and stable....some progs detect my cpu as 4100+ :)

Cya mates
    edited March 2006
    I read that too but when I ran pcwizard2006 I discovered that mine ran better on 8 ...it may be dependent on the ram too who knows?
    Did you ever ask at the mushkin forums?
    If you install A64Tweaker you can change timings without rebooting to find tighter stable timings ...it will lock up when you find something unfriendly.
    edited March 2006
    If you have any last minute questions or comments you'd like to pass on to Veridian3 for an Asus response you might want to get it in now ...it seems he will be responding to the Asus response soon after he hears from us who show interest.
    I re-requested that Asus offer us a trade-up program to the A8R32-MVP ...since this board appears to be fixed now and is a hellacious performer!

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?p=842851#post842851
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    Hey guys, just wanted to shatter a myth about Tras on the A64 platforms: The memory controller is built into the CPU, not on the board.. so there is no 'best' tras value that changes from platform to platform. If you change from a clawhammer C0 to a Venice E3, there is a possibility of a behavior change due to tweaks in the IMC, but it will make no difference between RD580, Nforce 3/4, VIA etc, so long as the cpu is kept constant.
  • edited March 2006
    well i just changed from 2-2-2-6 2T to 2.5-3-3-8 1T and i feel like i have a lost in performance after all...dont know if its real or just a feeling

gonna try to find out with a few benchs.
    edited March 2006
    Well ...2.5-3-3-8 1T should just be a starting point to get you stable. You should be able to start tightening these timings from here until you figure out what is unstable. Maybe try 2-3-3-8 1t ...this would should speed things up greatly but may or may not be stable again.
  • edited March 2006
    well.....now using 2.5-3-3-7 and stills stable and im overclocking my 2.2ghz to 2.6ghz...after i got 9.000 3dmark05 points...now it goes over 10.000 :)

dudes..im gonna start a #A8R-MVP channel in EFnet...if u guys want to show up im gonna be ALWAYS there..since im using a BNC u guys can leave me a msg!
    ( hope to see u there )

" I was about to buy a A8R32-MVP Deluxe but since im so happy with my A8R-MVP i think im gonna wait till that new socket AM2 comes out"

Cya
    edited March 2006
    ro0t3d wrote:
    well.....now using 2.5-3-3-7 and stills stable and im overclocking my 2.2ghz to 2.6ghz...after i got 9.000 3dmark05 points...now it goes over 10.000 :)

dudes..im gonna start a #A8R-MVP channel in EFnet...if u guys want to show up im gonna be ALWAYS there..since im using a BNC u guys can leave me a msg!
    ( hope to see u there )

" I was about to buy a A8R32-MVP Deluxe but since im so happy with my A8R-MVP i think im gonna wait till that new socket AM2 comes out"

Cya
    Cool ...hope it stays stable for you! What's EFnet?
    edited March 2006
    There is a new driver at the Uli Elect website for the 1575 southbridge. The new driver is integrated 2.20 but is in rar format. If anyone gets it and extracts it for me I'd be forever grateful.
    Thanks
  • edited March 2006
    well mate

looks like its rock stable with last config...i played a lot of games..bench..prime95..DVB...whatever

and EFnet its a irc network and the channel is #A8R-MVP

Cya
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    edited March 2006
    Thanks brian ...so far everything seems ok with the drivers. One guy reported having the raid screen pop-up on reboot but I'm sure that can be turned off again from bios.
    edited March 2006
    I'm expecting a fix real soon between the A8R and Ati video card ...joinard made some sort of discovery. You can read more about it in detail at http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=102139.
  • edited March 2006
    Hi all

Just had to change tothis board from rdx200 due to instability probs, how life has a way of waiting till your down then the mine shaft your standing on gives way. Anyway i'll put the tablets down. x1900xt Crossfire ed & x1900xtx but only getting single card speeds help.
  • edited March 2006
    ok..all night at prime95 and no errors at all with new ULI drivers

quite stable now and all problems fixed... im not into getting my 3500+ at 5GHz so i dont need any overvoltage... everything is fine now

3500+ " 2.2Ghz" at 2.6GHz...Mushkin at 1T....3Dmark05 over 10000...and rock stable.

Looks like A8R32 will have to wait

Asus A8R-MVP
    Asus EAX1900XTX
    AMD A64 3500+ Venice 2.2GHz / 2.6GHz
    ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
    Mushkin 2x512MB DDR400 2-2-2 Special / 2.5-3-3-7 1T
    WD SATA 80GB
    WD SATA 160GB
    NEC DVDRW ND-4570A
    TechniSat DVB-PC Skystar2 Rev.2.3
    Zoom ADSL PCI
    Samsung 19 TFT SyncMaster 913N
    Lian Li PC 65B
    Cooler Master Real Power 450W
  • edited April 2006
    hi mates

I bought a new A8R32-MVP Deluxe into my sistem now i have A8R32-MVP Deluxe and A8R-MVP in my second rig " i sold my P4 650 3.4GHz 2mb with 1GB 2x512 667mhz " and i have 2 AMDs now

1:

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
    Asus EAX1900XTX / Catalyst 6.3
    AMD A64 3800+ X2 2GHz
    ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
    Mushkin 2x512MB DDR400 2-2-2 Special / 2.5-3-3-7 1T
    WD SATA 80GB
    WD SATA 160GB
    NEC DVDRW ND-4570A
    TechniSat DVB-PC Skystar2 Rev.2.3
    Zoom ADSL PCI
    Samsung 19 TFT SyncMaster 913N
    Lian Li PC 65B
    Cooler Master Real Power 450W

2:

Asus A8R-MVP
    XFX 7800 GT
    AMD A64 3500+ 2.2GHz Venice
    Stock Cooler
    1GB 512x2 DDR400
    Seagate 120GB
    Samsung DVDROM
    NEC DVDRW ND-3540A
    LG 17 TFT L1730S
    Termalthake Tsunami
    BeQuiet BQT P4 400W

now testing new board with new bios...its at 1T default and no isues at all...so far so good..the best thing is i have them both here

cya
    edited April 2006
    We've been linked to in the asus forums ...among a few others with a8r issues!

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060404002948342&board_id=1&model=A8R-MVP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
  • edited April 2006
    hi guys ordered myself 4800 x2 cpu and the x1900xtx is this board for me are you guys happy with it now, been lookin for last few days about which mobo and advice thanx inadvance
    edited April 2006
    This reminds me. There is a new bios out now ...the 0503. What does it fix? Beats the &*^% outta me but hopefully it at least approaches the x1900xtx issue.
  • MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
    edited April 2006
    Hey guys,

nice to see the A8R fan club going on :P. I was worried I was the only on in this boat.

Anyway, I'm getting a few probs. I have a A8R32-MVP mobo.

Firstly, my sound gets distorted when installing programs. I think it may be something between my DVD drive and the mobo. I thought it might be a memory issue, but when installing things from the HD it works fine. The sound goes warbley and messy. This applies to all sounds. Sounds on the CD, MP3s that are playing... even Windows sounds. I tried installing the driver updates available on the Asus website, but that didn't really help anything. As well as this I noticed that my PC slows... dramatically, when installing.

The second problem is that when I was playing Source everything goes laggy for a second, then plays fine and then locks up again. This even happens in the menu when I'm not connected to a server.

My system is:

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe mobo
    X1900XT (X1)
    AMD64 3500+
    2 Gb DDR (1Gb stick, 1 512mb stick and two 256mb sticks)
    2 Maxtor IDE HDs
    1 Maxtor DiamondMax 9 SATA HD (200Gb)
    Antec TruePower 550W PSU
    DX 9c

Thanks guys.

Oh, btw, when I boot the power is on but the PC doesn't load instantly. The fans slow and after a few seconds it goes to POST screen. Is anyone else getting this problem? Is it supposed to happen?

[edit]

After some help from a forum I found the BIOS updates. This seemed to fix the problem. Though there is still the issue of the delayed boot from power on, but I'm not sure that's a problem :)

Thanks all