Good news and bad news..

GobblesGobbles Ventura California
edited March 2006 in Folding@Home
Bad news first... I am going to be loosing my farm. I am leaving where I work and I am sure my replacement will remove the folding at home from all 14 machines.

Good news, I got a much better job. I will be working for a local school district handling all the machines repairs for 8 different highschools. I am also seeing a sizable increase in salary in the area of 8 to 10K more a year. What this means is that I may finally be able to upgrade the home gaming machine and then be able to afford to power 2 P4's and a 2500+ folding.

Im really looking forward to the higher salary im tired of being broke.

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Good news man. glad to hear that you are getting a move up.
    Don't worry about the folding. You will still need something to 'burn in' those machines.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Congratulations on your improved career status. Not only will the money be better, but long-term, this is tremendous. After a couple successful years managing that service element, you'll have an excellent entry for your resume.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I'd say good news all around. We'll manage without the extra WU's but be happy that you are happy. :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Congrats, Gobbles!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    Good luck in the new job, Gobbles. :clap:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2006
    Congrats, Gobbles! :thumbsup:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Best of Luck with your new job, Gobbles.