SM35 Parts ARRIVING

Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
edited April 2006 in Folding@Home
Yesterday I found a box on my doorstep containing parts for SM35. Hopefully today the case and PSU will arrive and I can begin assembling her.:celebrate

Pics of the build will follow with the arrival of the case.

Expect to see this baby in the ranks in just a few short days!

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Awesome, Liquid81 - that's great news. I can't wait to see the build photos.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Sweet, Post the images when the build begins :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    The case is on its way from Newegg, you'll probably get it Monday. :clap:

I'm with GHoos and Sledge - we want pics! :D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2006
    Great to hear.:thumbsup:

And yes, Pics are mandatory.;D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    There is always the "Bench Build"... Nothing like PC guts spilled out on a work bench!!!

F:fold:LD :fold:N
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited March 2006
    I love the moment when I press the button and it comes to life.
    edited March 2006
    Pics! Pics! Pics!
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Pics! Pics! Pics!
    edited March 2006
    Here are the pics I have been holding out on.

Here is what I got.
    dsc01105.jpg

I thought I would add some drives.
    dsc01107.jpg

Time to use the quick silver
    dsc01108.jpg

This is tasty.
    dsc01109.jpg

I like the power supply, but it doesnt connect to the board as you can see the connector has too many pins.
    dsc01114.jpg

So I took it out and replaced with a crappy old compaq PSU
    dsc01115.jpg
    dsc01116.jpg

My Fiance' wants to know if I am coming to bed tonight (its 3am). I tell her no.
    dsc01110.jpg

Okay so I put it all together and boot win95 to save on processing power.
    dsc01117.jpg

Tragedy strikes and the computer is screaming at me. Turns out the CPU fan is broken and the whole thing is about to go into melt down. So I replaced it with a bigger better Intel CPU fan.
    dsc01118.jpg

Well that is about it. She should already have finished a WU by now. Thanks again to the commitee and everyone else involved with making it possible for me to host this machine.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    w00!

Thanks for the pics :D
    edited March 2006
    BTW: The PSU that came with the case WILL work in that board, it will fit only one way, and the extra four pins will hang off the side. :)
    edited March 2006
    oops, I will have to try that. my bad.
    edited March 2006
    Is that a Dell PSU? Dell PSU have 4 extra pins (12v 3.3v, 5 v, and a ground).
    edited March 2006
    It's the PSU that came with the new case we sent. It's an EPS 12V power supply, this is now the modern standard, and almost any new PSU you buy has those 24 pins instead of the old 20. A lot of them come with 24pin to 20pin adapters (or vice versa), but you can plug in any 24pin EPS PSU plug to a standard 20 pin ATX connector - provided it PHYSICALLY fits. A lot of motherboard manufacturers (I have an MSI board that comes to mind) cram capacitors right next to the 20 pin ATX connector which prevents you from plugging the 24pin in. :(
    edited March 2006
    Let 'er rip, Liquid81! :rockon:
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2006
    If you are folding for SM35.
    You are sure picking your time getting into the 6000 points ....:thumbsup:

I am folding using Opty 165@1,8 GHz, trying different folding configurations.
    Some are good, some are really bad.

One of my core is now folding p2106 (~100 ppd), the other core is runing p1136 (~157 ppd).

Please give me your PC specification, I might be able to help.
    edited April 2006
    Is someone playing a joke on me? My stats says I have 3 CPUs active! I am using -advmethods and everything. What is the dilly yo?

Here is da specs,
    SM35 Specs:

Motherboard: MSI KT3 Ultra2
    CPU: Athlon XP 1900+
    Hard Drive: WDC WD43AA 4.3GB
    Display Adapter: ATi 3D RAGE PRO
    Memory: 512MB Kingston PC2700 RAM
    NIC: Linksys LNE100TX
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2006
    Don't worry about that. Its not always correct. It just goes my the number of different IDs that have returned WUs under a given name. IE if you delete the folder and set it up again you will be seen as having 2 active CPUs. After awhile 1 will drop.
    edited April 2006
    Yep, what Mmonnin said. It happens. F@H is a nice program in that there is nothing to really install. You can move the folder to another PC or delete it without any problems. The only issues deal with the service that is created and the unique identifier which is stored in the registry. The service thing is no big deal but if that key is messed up, F@H will request a new one and it will then report that you have an additional CPU.

Right now, Stanford shows me with 52 CPU's in the last 50 days and 31 active within the past week. Odds are... 15 or so of those "missing" CPU's are because I transfer around the F@H to different PC's as I work on them.
    edited April 2006
    That is cool for real. I learn something everytime I talk to you guys.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    The service thing is no big deal but if that key is messed up, F@H will request a new one and it will then report that you have an additional CPU.
    I don't even install the service option. I put an .exe shortcut in the C:\Documents and Settings\~\Startup folder. I use TrayIt to minimize the Folding client window to the task tray.