omnibook 6000 phoenix bios password

edited June 2010 in Hardware
hello...
I have a Omnibook 6000 HP laptop with Phonixbios 4.0 release 6.0
vers EA.MI.07 . I wanted to remove the user password, so I went to BIOS setup. entered the old password and in the new password i left it blank.
Now I cannot use my laptop. It says "Enter Password" , but I left blank , so which password do I need to enter. If is the admin Password it was already set. can you help.
Thank you

Luigi
:banghead:

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    ohhh.....you um....did the wrong thing. first things first, welcome to the forums at short-media. We hope that you'll stick around after we get you fixed up and joing the "family"

Ok luigi, lets get started. First off, what operating system are you running on your notebook. Im guessing windows 2000 or windows xp pro/home?

That aside we need to get that bios password off, because that is the last place that you want to set user accounts at. I need you to go into you bios, and somewhere close the the set new/change password, there should be a choice somewhere along the lines of remove the password. Is there not?

Select that, and a box will likely come up asking you to enter the password, you say you set the password to blank, so you should just have to press enter, the password should now be removed.

Reply back if you succeed in getting this far, and you system specificaitons. I mainly want to know what operating system the notebook is using. I will try to find some screenshots of that bios so that I can see what you are seeing.

We need to get you back to square one before we can remove that password from the user accounts.

EDIT:

I am suspecting that this is what you are seeing?
    Security_0000_C.jpg
  • edited March 2006
    ohhh.....you um....did the wrong thing. first things first, welcome to the forums at short-media. We hope that you'll stick around after we get you fixed up and joing the "family"

Ok luigi, lets get started. First off, what operating system are you running on your notebook. Im guessing windows 2000 or windows xp pro/home?

That aside we need to get that bios password off, because that is the last place that you want to set user accounts at. I need you to go into you bios, and somewhere close the the set new/change password, there should be a choice somewhere along the lines of remove the password. Is there not?

Select that, and a box will likely come up asking you to enter the password, you say you set the password to blank, so you should just have to press enter, the password should now be removed.

Reply back if you succeed in getting this far, and you system specificaitons. I mainly want to know what operating system the notebook is using. I will try to find some screenshots of that bios so that I can see what you are seeing.

We need to get you back to square one before we can remove that password from the user accounts.

EDIT:

I am suspecting that this is what you are seeing?
    Security_0000_C.jpg
  • edited March 2006
    Thank you for your welcome.
    I am running window 2000 on my laptop. The problem is that now I cannot access the bios setup or run windows because as i turn on the laptop after the bios harware spec on the screen it jump to " enter password". I change the old password for a blank one, so i do not know what password to enter. i tried just to press "enter" but it is not good.
    I should disable the user password but i did not.( i did not know that i have to do so). I changed the old password with a blank one.
    The bios should not allowed me to save a blank password if it will not see it.
    thank you for any help you can give me on this
    Luigi
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    Try removing the battery, unplugging the laptop, and removing the CMOS battery. If you have a manual see if there is a jumper to clear the BIOS. Wait ten minutes, hook everything back up, then hope you get lucky. :)
  • edited March 2006
    Hi,

I did that but the password is in the eeprom. I have been told to get the hash code (03196) and from there one can get the master password. can you help on that?

thank you

Luigi
  • edited March 2006
    hi ,
    are you on line?

Luigi
    edited March 2006
    yeh, we are online, you set the password to just blank?

you should be able to continue by just pressing enter, try a space then enter. if you cant get it to reset anyother way, you may be sol, unless you can flash it.
  • edited March 2006
    Luigi, you are indeed correct about the new password being written to an eeprom in your laptop; most of the odm's do that for security reasons and pulling the cmos battery doesn't work like on a desktop machine. Have you tried your old password and seen if it worked, by chance? I figure that you probably have, but it doesn't hurt to ask. AFAIK, your best bet would be to call the manufacturer of your laptop and explain the situation to them. They should be able to give you the proper master code to get into bios or reset the password.

Another word of advice; since you are running Win2K, don't use the bios password feature. Instead, just password protect the OS. It's just as secure as the bios password, but if you happen to mess it up you can at least install the OS again instead of getting you back into this mess.
  • edited March 2006
    thank you for your help so far,

I did tried the old password and the space plus enter but it does not work.
    I found out the if one press f2 and f12 the laptop will display hash code.
    with a hash program one can get the master code. Is that true? Does anyone
    have one? I called HP but they said it will cost a lot of money to fix it. I only paid £ 150 for it ( 6 years old laptop). I did not want spend more money on it.
  • edited March 2006
    h
    edited March 2006
    luigi, please don't start a new thread on this same topic. I'm sure if someone is able to help you they will do so. :)
  • edited March 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    luigi, please don't start a new thread on this same topic. I'm sure if someone is able to help you they will do so. :)

sorry, I did not know .... I already start a new thread...
    How can I cancel the new thread?

Luigi
    edited March 2006
    I already took care of it. :)
  • edited March 2006
    thank you...

Luigi
  • edited April 2006
    hi,

I am still stuck on this problem ..... can anyone help

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited April 2006
    hi,

I got a omnibook 6000 hp. I wanted to remove the user password so I enter the bios ( pressed f2) and enter the old password , for the new password I just pressed enter . Now the system run the bios check and stop and ask for a password. I done some search and findout that if you press f2 and f12 you get a hash code ( my is 03196). can anyone help?
    I need to get the master code . How can i get that?

I would realy be greatfull for any help.

ta

Luigi
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Burn the computer and pray to the heathen Gods of old that the stars will line up in a numeric order....

J/k

Your best bet is to call the manufacture....
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    try the old one, and try just pressing enter (a blank password)
    edited April 2006
    luigi, we would all like to help you, but please don't start new threads on the same topic. I've merged the two this time around. :)
  • edited April 2006
    I tried both. The old password and I tried to press enter too.
    It does not work .
    The bios is phoenix. When I left my password blank , the bios should not allowed me to do so.

thank you

Luigi
    edited April 2006
    What does HP have to say about it?
    edited April 2006
    ygpm
  • edited May 2006
    Luigi, have you solved this? I have the exact same problem. I bought a ZE5270 from a friend, which had a password for the BIOS, which was 'zoomed'. I accessed the BIOS and set the password to me blank to disable it. A few days later I needed to change the TV-Out option on the BIOS setup from NTSC to PAL, and I got the password prompt but a blank did not work and zoomed does not work either. I don't know what the problem may be. I did press F2 F12 as you said and I get "System Hash Code: 03955". I tried entering that as a password but it does not work. Does anybody know what's going on with it?

Thanks!!

Kind regards,
    Marton
  • edited May 2006
    Marton wrote:
    Luigi, have you solved this? I have the exact same problem. I bought a ZE5270 from a friend, which had a password for the BIOS, which was 'zoomed'. I accessed the BIOS and set the password to me blank to disable it. A few days later I needed to change the TV-Out option on the BIOS setup from NTSC to PAL, and I got the password prompt but a blank did not work and zoomed does not work either. I don't know what the problem may be. I did press F2 F12 as you said and I get "System Hash Code: 03955". I tried entering that as a password but it does not work. Does anybody know what's going on with it?

Thanks!!

Kind regards,
    Marton
  • edited May 2006
    no... no yet... Basic bios laptot are not the same as bios desktop.
    If you leave password blank then you are in big trouble.
    There is a program that will give you the password from the hash code.
    I was asked 25.00 euro for this , but it cost another 15 pounds to send the money to this person. So i decide to leave it for now.
    I am trying on different forum to see if someone can do it for me.
    If i find someone i will let you know.
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    Have you tested 1,2,3,4,5,6 blanks ?

Also see this information,
    http://www.peteweb.com/index.php?showtopic=4095

Search for Omnibook in this link, (sorry the first link was no good)
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/cmospwd.txt

The password is there to protect the owner in the case the laptop is stolen.
    If there is some software that cracks the password in 5 sec, then the
    password protection is of no use at all.

HP should be able to help.
    They should be able to inform you the default password, as in your case when no password were given.
    Eigther its total blank with default minimun of number of digits, or the area is not
    initialized at all (becuase you didn't enter any letters).
    Then ..... it's the perfect scrambled password.

Either way the bios password settings should be better constructed !
  • edited July 2006
    Hi All,

I unfortunately have done the same with my Omnibook 6000. So am wondering if you have found a solution.

As described I tried to remove the password by entering blank in the BIOS setup for the user password, but when I now reboot it still asks for a password and you cannot just press enter to skip. I cannot get back into the bios setup or to boot the system.

I looked around on the Internet and it seems the password is in EEPROM and getting around this is not easy.

Any advise on how to get passed this is appreciated.

Best regards,
  • edited July 2006
    Not yet, I think I'll have to live with it. THANK GOD I CHOSEN BIOS PROTECT INSTEAD OF SYSTEM PROTECT!!! Else I would still have an unbootable laptop...

Good luck with it, kind regards,
    Marton
    edited July 2006
    you know, you COULD take the hard drive out, and get all the data you wanted off of it, but that still doesnt solve the nonbootable laptop problem, I bet if you shorted out the cmos it would fix it;)
  • edited September 2006
    Hi

Can anybody help calculate my master password for my omnibook 6000, the hash code is 01247