hi ,

did you manage to fix your problem?
    i have not yet
    can you help?

thank you

Luigi

carve111 wrote:
    Hi All,

I unfortunately have done the same with my Omnibook 6000. So am wondering if you have found a solution.

As described I tried to remove the password by entering blank in the BIOS setup for the user password, but when I now reboot it still asks for a password and you cannot just press enter to skip. I cannot get back into the bios setup or to boot the system.

I looked around on the Internet and it seems the password is in EEPROM and getting around this is not easy.

Any advise on how to get passed this is appreciated.

Best regards,
  • edited November 2006
    Hi Luigi,

I am stuck with the same problem, with exactly the same model of laptop. I tried everything from disassembling the whole laptop, removing battery, short-circuiting to searching for crack tools. No success.
    I have the hash and after a long search on the forums it seems that there are only two possible solutions.
    1. Pay to some obscure guy 30-40 EUR and he will provide you with the password.
    2. Buy the s*y eeprom chip, unsolder, send to some obscure company, get a new chip, resolder and boot.

I also searched for a code generator based on the hash output. (my hash is 10695) but I could find none that have the same encryption as the Phoenix 4.0 Release 6.0 BIOS.

If you have found any other solution I would really be grateful for any help. Money is not a problem as soon as the solution works and I don't have to unsolder anything.

Greetings,
    Miro

luigi wrote:
    hi ,

did you manage to fix your problem?
    i have not yet
    can you help?

thank you

Luigi
  • edited March 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    luigi, we would all like to help you, but please don't start new threads on the same topic. I've merged the two this time around. :)

Hi,

I have not yet solve my problem.
    I search the web. Hash code is only one way .
    one can get a hash code from a string but cannot get a string from hash code.Is that true?

if you can please help me

Thank you
  • gary143gary143 California
    edited December 2009
    Hello,

A hardware fix to the Omnibook 6000 motherboard to get rid of the Bios Password.
    IC Chip number U-32 (on top of board which is in between the two white connectors
    where the harddrive plugs into) Small square voltage regulator board plugs into the
    two white connectors.
    If one is good with a soldering iron with a very fine tip you can replace the U-32
    chip with the Bios Password with a U-32 chip from another broken 6000 Motherboard
    that has NO Bios Password programmed into it. But be "Very Carefull" to not put too
    much heat onto the pads that the IC Chip is soldered on - the solder pads DO lift
    up and possibly may break off from the motherboard. You should also use a "Solder-
    Wick" to wick away the the melted solder from the IC Chip pins & then remove the
    U-32 chip with a small tweezers.
    When re-soldering the replacement Chip in place, pay attn. to not solder in the
    Chip backwords. You should be able to read the Chip # 24C08 / 24C64 etc.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi,

i have the same problem. I want to delete the bios password. So i go to the bios an change the password to empty. After reboot the laptop want to have a password, but the old one and no/empty password do not work. How can i get delete the unknown password or change back to the old known one.

Bios: Phoenix
    System Hash Code: 02136

Please, please Help, i need my Laptop!!!

Thanks!
    mueller
  • edited January 2010
    gary143 wrote:
    Hello,

A hardware fix to the Omnibook 6000 motherboard to get rid of the Bios Password.
    IC Chip number U-32 (on top of board which is in between the two white connectors
    where the harddrive plugs into) Small square voltage regulator board plugs into the
    two white connectors.
    If one is good with a soldering iron with a very fine tip you can replace the U-32
    chip with the Bios Password with a U-32 chip from another broken 6000 Motherboard
    that has NO Bios Password programmed into it. But be "Very Carefull" to not put too
    much heat onto the pads that the IC Chip is soldered on - the solder pads DO lift
    up and possibly may break off from the motherboard. You should also use a "Solder-
    Wick" to wick away the the melted solder from the IC Chip pins & then remove the
    U-32 chip with a small tweezers.
    When re-soldering the replacement Chip in place, pay attn. to not solder in the
    Chip backwords. You should be able to read the Chip # 24C08 / 24C64 etc.

I need your help very intensly sir,
    i would be very thankful to you if you take some time to gimme some advice

I have two omnibook 500 notebooks.. but hte problem is that, one have got power on password and the second one i think get ide controller problem.. as no hardsik is detecting.. as you said u23 ic should be replaced what about omnibook 500 ??? whihch ic i should replace to get rid of the power on code...thanx in advance sir
  • edited March 2010
    Finally, the solution is here.

http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html

Thanks this forum to gives me the first step to search.
  • edited May 2010
    papecom wrote:

• edited June 2010
    papecom wrote:

Wonderful.. :) I have an Acer laptop, and is having the exact same problem that Luigi does.. I hope he was able to resolve his problem.. ANyway, I really appreciate the shared link.. :D