Power supply issue

mazmaz
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hey I've got an HP/Compac laptop and the power suppy connection won't stay in all the time. I know it seems trivial and pointless to send it in for repair, but it bothers me for some reason. Sorry, I don't have a model number on me at the moment; it is a refurb though.
My question is, what kind of service can be done to fix this problem if I send it in for repair? It is still under warranty, but what would a service technician do to fix this problem. I am curious because the customer service people I talk to over the phone are clueless, and I will be without my laptop for some time.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Hi maz,

I would try and call the nearest HP service center and ask what a new supply cost. Or is it the actual connector on the laptop that is out of whack?
    I'm also afraid you posted the thread in the wrong forum so if a moderator would be kind to move it to the right place, you might get more help :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    And so it came to pass the thread was moved.
  • mazmaz
    edited March 2006
    Sorry about that. Yeah not the power supply itself, its the part of the actual computer the power supply gets inserted into.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited March 2006
    Doesnt it have a hook to connect the Connector to the slot?
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited March 2006
    A small dab of glue maybe....