New replacement Asus Motherboard NO SOUND!

edited March 2006 in Hardware
Help!!! I had to replace my ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe which died. When I installed the new board, everything works fine but no sound!! I updated the drivers but still no sound. Anyone have any idea what my problem could be? Should I reinstall Windows XP? I'm just lost.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Malcolm wrote:
    Help!!! I had to replace my ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe which died. When I installed the new board, everything works fine but no sound!! I updated the drivers but still no sound. Anyone have any idea what my problem could be? Should I reinstall Windows XP? I'm just lost.

Check volume settings, make sure nothing is muted. Happened to me the other day ;)
  • edited March 2006
    That was the first place I checked - nothing muted.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Sound drivers - for just about any chip, any manufacturer - can be the most cantankerous, difficult, and frustrating of any device. All I can recommend is look for any trace of the previous drivers AND previous sound devices in "Add and Remove Programs" and Device Manager respectively. Your computer may still be trying to fire up the previous sound device.
  • edited March 2006
    Leonardo, thanks for the tips. I'll uninstall the other sound device and reinstall them. I wasn't sure if I connected something on the board wrong or need to reinstall the operating system. It's the same exact board that I replaced so you'd figure the drivers, sound devices are the same.