Post your Sandra Scores here

2»

Comments

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Timings change on P4 from 2-2-3-6 to 2-2-2-5, as compared to above.
  • edited November 2003
    Yeah I'm running it 1-1 but with the old bios it was just too unstable so I started running at 5/4 at a higher clock speed but I'm glad to say that the new bios lets me run it at 1-1 now and is extremely stable.
  • edited November 2003
    I just got the nerve to try 250fsb on my P4 and it's nicely stable still and I got a slight boost on my ram.
  • edited November 2003
    Here's my unbuffered scores.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    11-2-2-2
    buff.jpg 120.8K
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited December 2003
    Can I still play if I only do teh disk Sandra bench and maybe the network one too?
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited December 2003
    Nice hd benchie there tex!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited December 2003
    network bandwith.
  • edited August 2004
    P4 2.4c @ 2854mhz, 1Gig of PC3700 C3 ram (Corsair XMS), Chaintech Zenith 9CJS Mobo.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    i hit this the other day
  • edited August 2004
    Low cas timings really help plus your rig has higher bandwidth than a P4 system right out of the box.
    Very impressive numbers nonetheless.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    sandra.jpg

kinda weak this evga board is holden me back, ill wait till the next bios, if it still sucks ill get a dfi.
    edited October 2005
    a220e91c.jpg
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    That's a whole bunch of memory bandwidth. Like, about twice as much as my rig gets, plus approximately a crapload more. :eek:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Now here's an interesting test. The DRAM I tested is 1GB (2 X 512) of Kingston HyperX 3500 (see System 1 in signature).

I wanted to compare the bandwidth of it in deployment with System 1's maximum stable overclock. That overclock of 3.7GHz, dual channel, hyperthreading, two instances of Folding@Home, multitasking, is a 16 divider X front side bus of 231 indicated/231.5 actual. To get to that overclock, I have to set the FSB/DRAM divider at 5:4. That setting actually underclocks the RAM to 186MHz, but at the frequency I can run a fairly feisty CL 2.0/2-2-7. OK, with the CPU at 3.7GHz, and the DRAM at 186MHz/CL2-2-2-7, the bandwidth test revealed:

5076/5079

The next was to test the DRAM itself, not in conjunction with a CPU overclock. I set the CPU to default, 3.2GHz, and just cranked up the DRAM frequency, continually backing off timings to reach the maximum. Book maximum (default) is 217MHz. The best stable I could do (2 X Folding, hyperthreading, dual channel, multitasking) was 225MHz/CL2.5-4-4-8. I tried CL3.0 - no difference, no increased DRAM frequency. So, you would expect a significant bandwidth improvement advancing from the underclocked 186MHz to 225MHz, right. Well, here's the result:

5335/5337

That is only a 5% improvement. So, CAS latency and FSB just as significant 'speed' factors as RAM timings? BTW, at 225MHz, CL2.5, the system didn't 'feel' as snappy as at 186 at CL2.0. I found this very interesting.

As my main pursuit with my computers is raw CPU power for Folding, and since the 225 didn't seem to produce any advantage over 186 in web surfing, office applications, and the like, I reset the BIOS for 5:4 frequency - FSB/DRAM.

Previously I ran this HyperX at 200MHz (400DDR) at 400, CL2.0-2-2-6. With the 2.8GHz CPU in system two, with the divider at 5:4, FSB1000(quad 250)/DRAM400, back to the CPU overclock of 3.7GHz.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Someone should sticky this thread btw :D

Here's my uber BH-5 at work.. Too bad my CPU is stretched to it's limit at 1.6V. I think this is pretty impressive bandwidth for only 2.7GHz

271MHz, 1.5-2-2-0 1T

Someone smoke this score (waiting for Isevald) :D
    edited October 2005
    damn dude, that 1.5 cas is killen it... awesome numbers