battle for middle earth 2 - crashes

2»

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Hi, I just bought this game and my system pass all suggested requirements and I've installed the newest video card drivers and game update. The game loads and plays fine but at random times, the screen will go black and the computer will reset. Since I've downloaded the newest Nvidia video card drivers it sometimes crashes and brings me back to my desktop and tells me that theres a "game.dat" error and the program must close or it does the full reset. Some times I can get 10 min into a game others only 1 min before it crashes but it's only during game play. I've been in the main menu for over an hour with no crashing. All the video settings in the game are still on default - low and very low. Can someone please tell me what I can do to fix my problem. Thanks.
    Shane.

What I have.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 1.7Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce fx 5200 128mb
    Soundmax Digital Audio
    1 gig DDR Ram
    Windows XP (fully updated)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    sounds like a driver issue. you might want to try an official supported driver for the game.. I think 77.xx series drivers were the supported drivers on release.
  • edited August 2006
    Hi, is there any way to make BFME 2 work with GeForce4 MX 440? I know it's not supported by the game, dose it mean that there is no way at all to make it work?

When I try to run it, I get the "DirectX Error":
    "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display control panel."

Since I have the DirectX needed, and the hardware acceleration is fine, and I know the card is not supported... It must be it.
    So, can anyone help me? :(
  • edited April 2009
    hey new prob.

i just installed BFME2 on my laptop i had it installed on my old one but not anymore. anyways whenever i enter the game, i my mouse curser won't appear on screen, flashing up every now and then, making it impossible for me to play the game right. i put the expansion on as well and the same thing happened!

what should i do:shakehead
  • edited April 2011
    Hey all
    so i installed bfme2 on my new computer (windows 7 64 bit) and tried to play but when i klick the icon on the deskop and the window comes up and loads, it crashes after a while back to deskop saying bfme2 have stopped working-.- can some1 plz help me
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Without any sort of details about the error, I'd suggest you do the following, and in this order: repair/reinstall BFME2 (I'm presuming you have a legal copy), download and run ccleaner's registry fix and might as well do temp file cleaner, download UBCD (or just memtest 86+) and check RAM. If there is any information like an error code, you should provide that. You may to need to click on a details or more info box etc.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Description:
    Do you have a new computer that is a Windows 7 64-bit?
    Did you try to install Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2?
    Did you wait to start playing your game?
    When you tried to start the game, did it crash?
    Well, if it did download this file and it should be working again!

Download this file and your copy of Battle for Middle-Earth is working again!

This has been verified on my sites including on the EA forums that this solution does work. This solution will also apply if you have a monitor that goes over 1024x768 as BFME series will not support that. This options.ini file is the basic menu settings to get your game running, you can then change your options to the settings of your choice.

Try Here -> http://lordoftherings.filefront.com/file/Windows_7_64bit_Battle_for_MiddleEarth_fix;116738

Good Luck
  • edited June 2011
    Hello ,
    Please somebody help me .
    I have downloaded more than 5 patches ( 1.06 ) and when i install one of them , the version become less than 1.00 !!
    Please , help .
    Thank you
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Hey micho lotr!

The latest BFME2 patch includes all the previous patch updates.
    I'd do a clean install of the game then only apply the 1.06 patch.

Good Luck!

1.06 Patch -> http://lordoftherings.filefront.com/file/BFME_2_106_Patch_English;70601x#Download