corsair 3500ll pro running at 180??

edited April 2006 in Hardware
hey guys.

Im new to the overclocking thing but my memory is running at 180.7mhz which I know the default is 219. its running in 1t mode set through bios and I have a 4400+ running at 2530mhz with ht at 230 mhz and a multiplier of 11.

Anyone gimme some tips on how to get the mem up to speed?

Thanks alot.

Specs:
AN832-SLI Deluxe
7900gt running at 552/700
x2 4400+ /w zalman cnps9500led fan

Comments

• edited April 2006
    rexehuk wrote:
    hey guys.

Im new to the overclocking thing but my memory is running at 180.7mhz which I know the default is 219. its running in 1t mode set through bios and I have a 4400+ running at 2530mhz with ht at 230 mhz and a multiplier of 11.

Anyone gimme some tips on how to get the mem up to speed?

Thanks alot.

Specs:
    AN832-SLI Deluxe
    7900gt running at 552/700
    x2 4400+ /w zalman cnps9500led fan

Think ive solved it :) my current setup is

Ram running at 210mhz
    4400+ at 2.52
    7900gt at 560/750

Just to let you know im going for two 7900 gt's at 725 / 2140 linked in sli :) with finished cpu at 2.6 ish and ram at 280 mhz.

This is all bein done with fan cooling and zalman vf900's on the gpus :) ill let you know how I get on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
  • edited April 2006
    Hey i need help again...

Pc eventually died and cmos seemed corrupted as the checksum was invalid... think this is sorted now but im still having issues.

my 4400 is running at an ok speed of 2530 mhz at x 11 multiplier and 230mhz

But... my memory is still running at 180mhz! at 2,3,2,6 1t this is meant to be 219 but it wont get there? i got it to 230 and ive seen this goto 280 stable so wondering why im having issues?

Can anyone tell me what needs to be on/off in the bios so i can solve this :)

Thanks alot
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Reset the BIOS to default values - there is a selection that will say "default" something or another, or "fail safe". From start tweaking one option at a time if you are unsure what all the options are. When the system is unstable, if you are only making one change at a time, you should know what the problem is.

Do you have a motherboard manual? If not, please download and read the BIOS setting section. There are just too many settings to give advice for each one in this thread. We would end up writing a motherboard manual, when one is already written.

You are a lucky dude. It so happens that your new site, Short-Media has an excellent, comprehensive guide for overclocking on your 939 motherboard. After you've read your motherboard manual (perhaps you already have, excuse me then), then head over to the ultimate 754/939 overclcocking guide.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Check your mem divider ...it will have to be 1:1 or 200 limit or whatever to keep even w/ the htt.

To overclock your ram past 219 you may need to losen the timings some. What are your current timings?
  • edited April 2006
    I would reset it to default but... it doesnt detect correctly. If i set defaults it sets memory at 2t when its infact 1t ram so i have to set that manually...

heres my cpu-z screenies hopefully they will help you, i appreciate you guys helping :)

cant give screenies... no where to upload as my servers down but..

- CPU -
    Voltage - 1.392
    Core Speed - 2530
    Multiplier - x 11
    HTT - 230Mhz

- Memory -
    Frequency - 210.8
    FSB/DRAM - CPU/12
    Cas - 2
    Ras To Cas Delay - 3
    Ras precharge - 2
    cycle time - 6
    bank cycle time - 12
    dram idle timer - 16
    Command Rate - 1t

Hope this helps? I would like to know my advanced bios config also.. as the default values it loads are wrong to my knowing...

Thx alot :)

Rob