SMx33 Is Now Seeing the OC

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Folding@Home
Well Last night I was tweaking and cleaning my PC's and decided to take a look at SMx33's setup. and decided the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 754 socket should be running much faster than the 1.8 Ghz stock speeds she has been running at. so with the stock cooler I decided to push her a bit more to see what she could handle. Well.....

SMx33 went from 1.8GHz to 2.23GHz woot! Now I have a small water system I am planning on hooking up to SMx33 but lets see how the small OC boosts her numbers in folding:)

after seeing that she is running stable today I might just take her upto 2.43GHz that would be a nice 630Mhz boost :)

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    SMx33 went from 1.8GHz to 2.23GHz woot!
    25% overclock. Nice work. That will definitely make a difference. Make sure to monitor the work units log. Sometimes a system will seem completely stable under an overclock but work units will fail to complete. If you see "early work unit end", you know you've pushed too far.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I watched it for a while too, but I'm not seeing it anymore. Who is her favorite character?

attachment.php?attachmentid=19781&stc=1&d=1144804717
    oc.jpg 212.8K
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    AWESOME Sledge.... SMx Project has begun the OC'ing and sounds like it may enter the Water Cooling phase too!!!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    AWESOME Sledge.... SMx Project has begun the OC'ing and sounds like it may enter the Water Cooling phase too!!!

Nice OC! IC_11 isn't running too much faster than that on water.

I recommend a more conventional WC system than what I went with for IC_11, though :D.

Sure, the vodka bottle and UV stuff was cool-looking, but a little bit on the impractical side. No drain hole, the fill hole leaks (a lot), and no way to remove the bottle. I'll have to redesign it sometime.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2006
    I was thinking about WCing SM36 if I get it.:)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Well it is official SMx33 has hit her prime at 2.54Ghz :) under air cooling.. let see how the points come in now.
    edited April 2006
    Well it is official SMx33 has hit her prime at 2.54Ghz :) under air cooling.. let see how the points come in now.
    Holy Crap! :wow2: That's one heck of a Barton OC! Go Sledge!

IC11 now feels inadequate by 200mhz. :(

/me begins forming mad scientist plans...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Barton? you know it is a winney core... I did upgrade her to a AMD A64 3000+
    edited April 2006
    Pfft. Someone needs to update the SMx page.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    Barton? you know it is a winney core... I did upgrade her to a AMD A64 3000+
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Pfft. Someone needs to update the SMx page.
    PM me an updated hardware list and I'll take care of it. :)