Help Me!

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Trying to finish my first computer build. My proc is running at 55C according to my motherboard. Also I cannot get my ram to run on dual channel. They are exactly the same type of ram. One in channel A and one in Channel B.

I have a OEM mobo relative to the a8ne mobo.

Thanks for the help

Radio91P

Comments

• EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2006
    There migh be some problem with the motherboard, CPU or memory.

Make sure that the memory is in the right sockets.

Perhaps you need to upgrade the Bios ?

More information is needed about the CPU and memory you are using.

User with DDR problem
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Please be more specific about the motherboard. Do you know what brand it is? Model? What chipset is integrated in it?
    OEM mobo relative to the a8ne mobo
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure what that means.

I do know, that on the Intel side of the house, there are some lower-end, early series Socket 775 boards (older chipsets) that will not run RAM in dual channel, even thought board's are claimed by their manufacturers to do so.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Hi Radio91P,

Definitely check out the slots. They need to be inserted in specific slots for dual channel to work (they are usually color coordinated, like colors for dual channel). Try to swap the ram between slots.. it is worth a try :)

As for the temperature, could you provide some detail on your system? I.e. processor, heatsink used, thermal interface material (thermal paste) etc? That will help us guage that temperature.. Also is that with F@H running? or just sitting idle?
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited April 2006
    I got the dual channel working now.

Proc still running hot. That temp is at idle. I am using the stock heatsink, and just Arctic Silver 5.

Radio91P
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Radio91P wrote:
    I got the dual channel working now.

Proc still running hot. That temp is at idle. I am using the stock heatsink, and just Arctic Silver 5.

Radio91P

Wow, that seems rather high. I would definitely try to reseat the heatsink. Remove it, and clean off all of the thermal goop underneath. Be sure that there are no remenants of the AMD thermal pad there. Reapply just a very thin layer of arctic silver. Be sure that it makes good contact with the chip. Also, could you provide some more information on your case cooling? do you have at least a pair of case fans?