Xaser V Damier V5000D Case help

CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Hi guys. Have just purchased a new Xaser V Damier V5000D Case and finally got everything installed/connected. Take a look.
I have a couple of questions that I hope to get answers to, which I am sure I will :).
I have left the CPU fan connected to the Mobo instead of connecting it to the Hardcano. Will that be a problem. If I do connect it to the Hardcano, will the fan speed automatically adjust, or will I have to do it manually?

ATM the four knobs on the Hardcano do not appear to increase/decrease the RPM of the fans. I have double checked the connections and am positive I have them set up right. Anyone know what the problem may be, or if in fact, the fan speeds are adjustable? I realise that one knob is for the CPU fan.

Also, there are 3 90mm fans with a speed signal wires on them. I take it these are only for the LCD readout? ATM I have the signal wire from the CPU fan coming from the side window bottom fan as I am still using the Mobo connector for the CPU fan.
If I connected these as per the manual, the sensor wire on the window bottom fan becomes redundant as there are only three sensor wires coming from the Hardcano.

That's it for now :).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    plugging the cpu fan into the motherboard is fine usually. i would just plug all the fans into a fan controller so you can adjust for the best temp/noise for your particular situation.

what fans do you have? ive had fans in the past that have their own fan controller built in you have to trip that before you can control it with anouther fan controller. if thats not the case you might have a broken fan controller. i had a vantec that went bad; it would power fans but i couldnt control speed.
  • CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
    edited April 2006
    I have the stock fans that came with the case. three smart fans @ 90mm and two standard 80mm fans.
    Hopefully the new unit is not broken :(.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I'm wondering if the thermistor of the smart fans are causing an issue when coupled with the speed control of the controller (I'm assuming that is a potentiometer?)
  • edited April 2006
    Are those Smartfans or Smartfan2 models? Do they have a connection to hook an exernal thermistor to them?
    edited April 2006
    Two of the smart fans are controlled by the two large knobs on front of the case and are not part of the Hardcano. They both work ok :).
    I have taken another look in the manual and the specs state that the smart fans are capable of 1300-3000RPM, but the others are rated to 1800TPM. By the looks of that, they are meant to be a single speed fan, but then why have a fan controller?? Unless it's to slow them down further?
    edited April 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    Are those Smartfans or Smartfan2 models? Do they have a connection to hook an exernal thermistor to them?
    Two of the fans have three connectors, (these are the ones controlled by the two large knobs), one is the 4 pin molex connector, one the signal line and the other a two pin connector. The two 80mm fans (top of the case and front of the case) have just the 4 pin molex connector.
  • edited April 2006
    OK, the Smartfans are the Smartfan2 models, with the manually adjustable speed controller. It sounds like they are working correctly from what you've posted. As for the other 2 case fans, I take it that you have them drawing power from the Hardcano. Have you taken them out of the case while leaving them plugged into the Hardcano and listened to them while adjusting the speed knobs on the Hardcano while running? You should be able to hear a pitch change as they speed up and slow down while adjusting the speed control knobs, and listening to them might be easier than trying to see a change in fan speed. Just be sure that you don't run them into your ear or let them suck up your hair while listening.:wow2: :sawed:
    edited April 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    Just be sure that you don't run them into your ear or let them suck up your hair while listening.:wow2: :sawed:
    LOL. So that's what happened to all my hair :D.
    I tried one of the knobs again after connecting it to the LED fan. The LED gets brighter and the fan appears to go a little faster, but not much, so perhaps the others are working and I just cannot hear the difference over the other fans running. There are 7 fans running after all :).
    And yes, all the fans are drawing their power from the Hardcano.
    Thanks for the help :).
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Xaser V Damier V5000D
    Interesting case, for sure. But where do they come up with those names? It's like they've been reading too many boy wonder comic books.:wtf: