Adding 8th Machine -- Out of space for my ID??

hbi1000hbi1000 Asheville, NC USA
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
Hi All,

I suppose I am in a positive position of being able to commit an 8th machine (one I just rehabed, a 1.0 GHz Celeron (but none the less), I find I am out of slots on the Stanford Site. I've temporarially logged in as hbi1000d for Team 93. I would like to aggregate all my points; however, if that is not possible to do easily I can keep a spreadsheet of how each ID is contributing.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments, thanks, and Get Folding Team 93.

HBI1000

Comments

• FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited May 2006
    You don't have to use a different machine IDs for different computers. Just set each one to machine ID 1.

~FA
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Have you tried Electron Microscope III? Many of us with multiple CPUs/cores/rigs run EMIII to track machine stability and production. Thanks for choosing Team 93. We have a lot of fun, but are serious in what we do. We don't care whether a member has has an old Celeron or a stable of dual core rigs. We love everyone! (in a manly way, woo hoo)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    You don't have to use a different machine IDs for different computers. Just set each one to machine ID 1.

~FA

Yup - the machine ID only needs to be changed if you're running more than one folding instance on a computer.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006

~FA
    Exactly. Change them all to the same username, too. That way the points will really pile up for you, instead of being spread around among multiple users.

The Machine ID business only comes into play with dual-CPU or dual-core computers. Since there is only one OS involved (or at least just one at a time, should you run a dual-boot configuration) you would need the Machine ID to direct each instance of FAH to it's own CPU or core. :)
  • hbi1000hbi1000 Asheville, NC USA
    edited May 2006
    Thanks all, I'll change things when I get some time tomorrow.

HBI1000
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    If it saves you some time, there's no need to change the Machine ID for the rigs you already have going. With the number of computers you have going you definitely want to get all the usernames to be identical, though. That lineup ought to put up some serious points. :D

If you are using the console version of FAH you might find our Reconfiguring The FAH Console article useful. :)