A8N-E SpeedFan Temperature Question

edited May 2006 in Hardware
I am running the a8n-e overclocked 4400+ x2 to 2.52. Speedfan shows 3 temps 1- cpu, 2-"motherboard" (does that mean chipset?) and 3- UNKNOWN it jumps up to 45 sometimes but is usually at 42-43. Im not sure what this third temperature is but i would like to know. my cpu is at a decent 41-42 max during prime 95, "mobo" is at 30 and "temp 3 " on speedfan is at 42-45.. should i be worrying about temp 3? anyone know what temp 3 is reading?
cpu voltage is at 1.425. any help would be cool.
*edit* was running 3dmark and noticed the *temp 3* was around 52... asus probe says motherboard is 30 and pcu is 41... could temp 3 be chipset? if so what is the safe temperature range...

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    On most monitoring software programs there are three readouts, which are supposed to correspond to signals from three thermistors. Your CPU and "motherboard" temperatures look to be within the normal range for your setup. I wouldn't worry about that third "unknown" temperature. I've had experience with many different motherboards and several temperature and voltage monitoring programs. It is typical that one of the three temperature readings tends to be arbitrary, ranging from sub-zero to 125*C. Don't worry about that unknown. It's probably meaningless.

The "motherboard" temperature is registered by thermistor residing on the motherboard PCB by itself, not on or near the northbridge. It is supposed to measure the ambient temperature approximately mid-board, or upper-mid-board.