We're still here.

dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
Though we have been absent for a while, we certainly have not left.

Basically, a forced job change and a series of computer problems aswell as being somewhat lethargic, has kept us away from computer leisure time.

Unfortunately my new job has no after hours phone line access like my previous one, so i am offline 2 weeks at the time. The week i am home has been filled with comp repairs and feeling a bit lethargic has not helped.

Fortunately, things are looking up for once. The new job is settling in and going quite well. Our new tyan board has come back from RMA and is finally folding. Another comp that just died has been fixed/upgraded and should be folding in the very near future. It was a P4 and ran faultless till the mobo went south. Replaced it with a DFI Ultra D and an 170 Opty. That fixed it.:)

Like everyone else, server 112 has given us grief, but we are getting around that one.

And here is the reason this thread is in the "folding" section of the forum. A screen shot of the Tyan with dual 265 Opty's named "2 Dogs" (Aussie humour).

Jon

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Good to hear from you Jon. Happy that things are looking up after such a rough shift in schedule and comp problems. Alas, all work and no play does provide some extra cash for more copm parts! ;) Just take a week or so off and come to the LAN.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Good to see you back, Jon.

John.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Those are definitely some fine screenshots, Jon. I am sooooo jealous! :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Welcome home, Jon :)

Come to the lan, visit with mtgoat and me. We'll eat nasty pickled eggs and drink beers till we're silly :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Glad to see you and Sally are doing well. We had figured you were somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere standing upside down or something. Oh....you are. Cheers! ;)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2006
    Oh noes Authenticate Windows Icon. ;)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2006
    Thanks guys, yes, still hanging in, upside down, lol.:ausflag:
    Come to the lan, visit with mtgoat and me. We'll eat nasty pickled eggs and drink beers till we're silly.:D
    Prime, i have to ask. Since when do we need nasty pickled eggs and beer to be silly???:crazy:
    mmonnin wrote:
    Oh noes Authenticate Windows Icon. ;)
    Marc, every new build with a new OS gets the same treatment. Take full advantage of the 30 days. Been a steep learning curve. As soon as we register early, a new format has to be done and causes too many drama's. Now we wait and see all is ok first.:)

ps. Prof, if you are soooooooo jealous of the screenshot, i don't mind if you make a copy and keep it. It is not copyrite yet.:vimp:
  • mike047mike047 Zirconia, NC
    edited May 2006
    Hi Jon,

NICE new rig:)

I understand "Two Dogs":D:D
    edited May 2006
    dragonV8 wrote:
    ...Prof, if you are soooooooo jealous of the screenshot, i don't mind if you make a copy and keep it. It is not copyrite yet.:vimp:
    I'd rather have an identical computer, to tell you the truth. :cheers:

EDIT: Got curious about Los Dos Perros, so I checked it out. :thumbsup: :ausflag: :beer:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2006
    Prof, i cannot find the appropriate link to explain "2 dogs".

A few decades ago we had a comedian named Graham Kennedy. Most of his lines were right on the edge (read sick/funny). On of his compatriots, Ken Sutcliffe, got nicknamed 2 dogs by graham, as he reckoned he had a face like 2 dogs F******. Unfortunately Graham is no longer with us. He also had the right facial expressions to go with his comments. He is surely missed.

http://www.memorabletv.com/halloffame/grahamkennedy.htm
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Good to see you back in the forums Jon. Wondered what was keeping you so busy :)
    edited May 2006
    dragonV8 wrote:
    ...A few decades ago we had a comedian named Graham Kennedy...
    Very interesting and entertaining fellow, it seems. He sounds like someone I would have enjoyed watching. :D