NTLDR missing (is it me or the drive?)
Okay, I have done some searching around and seems that NTLDR missing is a semi-common problem. The issue that I have it that I believe that I have done all the troubleshooting however, I wanted to check with the forum to verify this. Plus, I wanted to share the scenrio with you as well.
- Partioned new 200 GB drive into two 50GB and one 100 GB
- Installed W2K on one of the 50GB partions
- Loaded all drivers and baseline software
- Was moving data from network drive on another machine when I got an error that said "need to run CHKDSK on C:"
- Everytime I hit okay and hope to be able to run CHKDSK the error message would pop up again
- So, I tried to re-boot Big mistake. Machine never booted again and could not rescue OS
- Re-installed the OS again and installed all drivers and software
- Things were going good until I tried to move a file once again from the network drive
- System re-booted on it's own and came back up with NTLDR error