Anybody ever used this board?

lewicronlewicron Glasgow
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Does anybody have any experience of overclocking with the following motherboard? Any good?

ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 S/L

If not, can anyone suggest a good (cheap) s754 AGP mobo, that's a half decent overclocker? I'm looking for something that costs <£50. Please bear in mind that I live in the UK, so anything that's cheap anywhere else in the world will probably not be so cheap over here. That said, any suggestions will be much appreciated :).

Also while I'm on the subject - can anyone suggest a reason why we brits get shafted from all angles whenever we try to buy ANYTHING?! Is it because of all the colonialism? Or is it Robbie Williams that everyone's so pissed off at us for? Maybe it's all the "Carry on" movies. Or perhaps it's got something to do with Guy Ritchie....OK, I guess we deserve it. :(

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Its because you stopped exporting Benny Hill over here...

I miss that show.
  • edited May 2006
    The 939Dual-SATA2 has both AGP and PCIe, and is upgradable to the new AM2 socket, is very overclockable, AND is only $60 USD. I'd reccomend that over anything based on 754, since that socket is already going extinct.
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited May 2006
    i0esign wrote:
    Its because you stopped exporting Benny Hill over here...

I miss that show.

getthef*ckouttahere!?

It's because we STOPPED exporting benny hill!? To each his own, I guess, but I've never understood the attraction in watching a program about a middle-aged virgin running around perving on young women. Still, if that's the reason, I can live live with it - sometimes doing the right thing just don't make you popular.
    edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    The 939Dual-SATA2 has both AGP and PCIe, and is upgradable to the new AM2 socket, is very overclockable, AND is only $60 USD. I'd reccomend that over anything based on 754, since that socket is already going extinct.

Yeah, but the problem is I've already got a 754 CPU (sempron 3000+). I'm just looking for something that will allow me to get the most out of my current proc, until I upgrade to AM2 later in the year. Cheers all the same though - I'll keep that in mind when I upgrade. :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    lewicron wrote:
    ...I've never understood the attraction in watching a program about a middle-aged virgin running around perving on young women...
    Ooohhhh... That hit kinda close to home for me... :hiding:

( :respect: Benny Hill - RIP)

I've always been a big fan of MSI motherboards. :)
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    ( :respect: Benny Hill - RIP)

Benny Hill - Revolting Incapable Pervert :D

Cheers for the advice, tho, prof - that may just be the particular puppy I'm after. A good overclocker you think?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    MSI boards are not noted for being exceptional overclockers, though I've had a fair amount of success with them in that area.

Their appeal to me is their stability (rock-solid), and the fact that they are very easy to get up and running. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive stopgap board before your next upgrade, they are well worth considering.

BTW: I'm going to report you when I attend the next meeting of the Perverts Union. :ninja:
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    BTW: I'm going to report you when I attend the next meeting of the Perverts Union. :ninja:

:whatever:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Lewicron, you may have a hard time finding a budget board that's also a good overclocker. Sports cars don't come cheap.
    edited May 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Lewicron, you may have a hard time finding a budget board that's also a good overclocker. Sports cars don't come cheap.

I kinda had a feeling that might be the case.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Your best bet might be to find a "refurbished" board. I don't know the UK/EU online marketplace, but to see what I mean by refurbished, check out Newegg's offerings. Most of the boards I've bought in the last year (six) have been 'refurbs.'