low points for a few days ...

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
Well ...my third CSP-Mag pump died so I'm down til I get a new pump. I ordered a D5 and some MCT-5 non-conductive fluid. Should be back churning points by the middle of next week.

I'm also considering reapplying the factory TIM and IHS ...I ain't skurd.

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Sweet, my chance to close the gap even more.... :rarr:

I mean, wow, sorry to hear that.

Seriously, hope you get back up and running soon.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    that sucks man, sorry to hear that, if there is anything i can do, let me know
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Thanks guys much appreciated. All I'm doing for the time being is waiting on a response from d-tek about the Mags I bought from them. A rep from c-systems confirmed that I was sold review samples of pumps which shouldn't even have lasted as long as they did and they should never have left the review bench. They're totalled and demolished ...corroded and fubar. Problem is that neither d-tek nor c-systems is standing up to take any responsibilty. Since January c-systems has supposedly had 2 new pumps in the mail the replace my 3 but guess what? It's been one excuse after another.:rant:

I highly recommend anyone considering one of those 2x2 CSP pumps to move on and forget it. If you have one then replace it now before you get into trouble. Total crap. :rant:

So ...I'm changing over to DD-5 and dangerden once and for all. /:end rant:rant:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Ha ...opened email to find the response from D-tek. Now it gets interesting!!!

"Hi Chris,

What you have heard form C-Systems is total BS. There is no such thing as review samples ever being made. If they were then we paid full price for them and there was a hell of allot of them including all the ones I have used in our systems in our shop which have also corroded away. It was never brought to our attention if there were samples but we have dealt with this company (as well as others) enough to know that it is just an excuse with absolutely no truth to it. It is unfortunate that you had to go through this with this company. We had also endured a terrible ordeal with them which will soon be brought before an International court.

When is it you spoke with them and got this information? This was brought up about 6 months ago in Procooling forums where I actually wrote in and straightened the story out and after that they had no choice but to admit they were wrong and not giving out correct information (other words lying). They are also recently going to be in litigation with the creators of Fluid XP so as you can see there is a trend with their blame game and the people who are going after them for their criminal actions. If you did speak to them recently I would love if you can send copies of the communication. This can also help in the evidence we are collecting for this pending case. I have many customers who have already submitted very helpful information.

As far as the pumps you are out there is not much I can do. I wish but we are literally out 10's of thousands from that company in bad product, RMAs not accepted and contracts broken not to mention this new defamation case about review samples and other information we have collected from other resellers. The Fluid XP void is a new one I have not heard until you brought it up. As a matter of fact that is all C-systems recommended at the time the pumps were made.

I am truly sorry you as well as others had to fall victim to this company. We have tried to make right but there is no way as the company just does not support the product. We basically all fell victim to fraud which will soon be heard in court with a number of resellers not just us.

I would be willing to help you out on a price of a D5 pump if you are needing a replacement. Just let me know. Again my apologies about this.
    Thanks,
    Danny Salandra
    D-TEK Performance Liquid Cooling
    www.dtekcustoms.com
    Ph: 951-541-9672
    Fax: 951-541-9703<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />"

I've always gotten great response from these guys ...no reason to doubt what he is saying.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Interesting, indeed!
  • edited May 2006
    Sorry to hear of your problems with the pumps, Chris. That is the main reason why I have stuck with Eheim pumps; reliability. Even though they are a 120v pump and not 12v, which makes them a bit more of a PITA to set up, they are totally reliable. I learned this from my aquariums and the Eheim 1250 I'm using in the watercooled dually is still going strong after better than 3 years with no problems whatsoever. If I build another watercooled system it will probably have another Eheim in it too. BTW, it shouldn't be hard to rig up a relay to switch the 120v waterpump on when you boot up. All it would take is a 12v relay and have the relay get power off a molex connector.