Tastes of Detroit Food Tour

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Then it's settled. We're going. :usflag:

Woot! who else wants to go on the chinese food tour :)
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'm in for the lot. Even if the joint is seafood-based, they always have something else for the guests that doesn't wan't seafood and vice-versa.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'm down for the vietnamese and the last mystery event on the calendar (I assume that's Josephine's).
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited June 2006
    ill be dining out where ever the rest of you guys go
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Yup yup, I'm in for whatever and everything. I'll probably order something other than soup from the Thai place, though.

I'm trusting you on the Vietnamese :wtf: Maybe that will be more 'social' than 'filling' :p
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    ...I'm trusting you on the Vietnamese :wtf: Maybe that will be more 'social' than 'filling' :p
    Vietnames food is what Chinese food would be had it not been so "Americanized". It is awesome stuff. :thumbsup:

Just don't try and eat the sugar cane in the Sugar Cane Shrimp like I did once... :sawed:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    If Brian's BBQ grill is of sufficient size I would gladly volunteer to man it as well as make some sides to go with it. All we would need are contributions from those who would eat it! Otherwise I'm in for the full tour! :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Oh yeah... Grill'n and chill'n at Prime's!!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Last bump! I'm calling these places tomorrow, so get your reservations in :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'm definitely in for Thang Long, Raj Mahal, and Josephine's.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Everything I'm there for! ;)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Is this the Josephine's that we are going to?
    Josephine Creperie & Bistro
    241 W. Nine Mile Road
    Ferndale, MI 48220

If so you can go to restaurant.com and if you search by zip (48220) you can get a $25 GC (off of a $35 purchase) for $10, if you use coupon code 32613 you can get 50% off of that price, so you get a $25 GC for only $5... A pretty sweet deal if this is indeed the restaurant we are going to on Sunday...
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I will go to Thang Long, Pancake House, and Josephine's.
    edited June 2006

Somehow I doubt that they'll appreciate 25 guys showing up with coupons.... we fill their restaurant for a few hours, and then don't pay them any money...
    Zanthian wrote:
    I will go to Thang Long, Pancake House, and Josephine's.

Pancake House is not part of the food tour... it is a mandatory event. ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    My foot is mandatory...

I've gone to Casa de Pfannkuchen both years so far, and have each time suffered from a dire lack of 'enjoying my breakfast', and a mild case of 'pancake sticker-shock'.

I'm already going to a couple of the restaraunts suggested in the tour, I don't think I'll be giving the pancakes a chance to strike out, 'mandatory' or not.
    edited June 2006
    ;D

Okay, okay, I'll buy you your pancakes!

Maybe they'll taste better when they're free... :hiding:
    edited June 2006
    I wasn't asking for Pfannkuchen Libre :P

Wasting your money is no less distateful to me than wasting my own.
    edited June 2006
    CB Droege wrote:
    I wasn't asking for Pfannkuchen Libre :P

Wasting your money is no less distateful to me than wasting my own.

It wouldn't be a waste - maybe you can try something other than the pancakes this time, or try different pancakes... I'm convinced that your negative experience with the previous pancakes was just a fluke (or rather two flukes), and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. ;)
    edited June 2006
    If you insist. :)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Somehow I doubt that they'll appreciate 25 guys showing up with coupons....

While they might not enjoy that, I am at least going to do it... I don't start getting paid until mid-August, so I need to save some cash when I can...
    edited June 2006
    CB, I'm going to recommend the Garden Dutch Baby, the Santa Fe Omelette, or the Eggs Michael for you at the Pancake House.
    edited June 2006
    CB, I'm going to recommend the Garden Dutch Baby, the Santa Fe Omelette, or the Eggs Michael for you at the Pancake House.

I thought that said "and" instead of "or" the first time I read it, and I was about to count my money and scream! ;D
    edited June 2006
    None of those sound like Pfannkuchen, but I guess I'll try whichever one of those will deplete GH's McDuckesk penny-pool by the least number of inches...
    edited June 2006
    CB Droege wrote:
    None of those sound like Pfannkuchen, but I guess I'll try whichever one of those will deplete GH's McDuckesk penny-pool by the least number of inches...

Actually, I'd much prefer if you got the item that most appealed to you after reading the descriptions. I'm not miserly, just budgeting. ;)
  • kittiekittie michigan Member
    edited June 2006
    Sorry I was not able to get online do you mind if I join the food tour?
    edited June 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Actually, I'd much prefer if you got the item that most appealed to you after reading the descriptions. I'm not miserly, just budgeting. ;)

I understand, but I couldn't exactly pass up the oportunity to use 'McDuckesk' in a post...
    edited June 2006
    Wouldn't be McDuckesque? ;)

Katie, yeah you're in. I left a little bit of squeeze room for the reservations.
    edited June 2006
    Curses! Foiled again!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    OH MY GOD....

Pi's Thai Cuisine: = AWESOME!!! Outstanding food. I loved whatever I got. GREAT IDEA Brian!!!! Next time... I'm in for the Thai again!!!

Raj Mahal: = AWESOME... AGAIN. That's two for two, Brian!!! Great food and the staff was great. We had almost the entire resturant filled and I loved the food and the company. Next time, another visit is a must!!!

Thang Long: = Didn't go... too many things to do back at the LAN... Besides, mtgoat cooked steaks along with some other good food.

Josephine's: = Sadly... since the schedule was WAY off, I had to leave and missed this trip. I hope I can get to it next time.

Brian... overall... you have a great talent in finding these gems and I am willing to eat whatever you say is good!!! :thumbsup:
    edited June 2006
    Oh man, the food tour was so awesome. I'm sitting here eating a microwave dinner right now, just wishing I could have absolutely anything from the food tour instead.