Tastes of Detroit Food Tour

124»

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I still have Thai in the fridge :D

//edit: I moved this into the main events forum to make everyone else salivate :cheers:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Crap... I left my Indian Food in the garage fridge. Oh well... one more reason to go back there again!!! :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    It.... MIGHT be bad by that point, Q.... but I'll wrap it in duct tape and put it with your extension cords, and we'll see what happens :eek3:
    edited June 2006
    It.... MIGHT be bad by that point, Q.... but I'll wrap it in duct tape and put it with your extension cords, and we'll see what happens :eek3:
    Well... I guess it would be bad by then. :buck: I just need to remember what I ate at the Indian and the thai place.... :crazy:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Well... I guess it would be bad by then. :buck: I just need to remember what I ate at the Indian and the thai place.... :crazy:
    I think Brian knows the menus off by heart ;D

Im sorry I didn't do that food runs with you guys but my english stomach would have seriously spoilt those occasions :o
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    ...my english stomach would have seriously spoilt those occasions :o
    Just be glad that you don't have a Polish gallbladder - look where it got me. :eek3:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Oh crap! I left a jar of herring in cream sauce in the fridge.

ENJOY!
    edited June 2006
    Maybe the new kittens will like that!!! :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:

you had Chicken Vindaloo at Raj Mahal

you had Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai (known variously as Garlic Chicken, or garlic black pepper, or "kiss me" at different thai restaurants) at Pi's :thumbup
    edited June 2006
    you had Chicken Vindaloo at Raj Mahal

you had Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai (known variously as Garlic Chicken, or garlic black pepper, or "kiss me" at different thai restaurants) at Pi's :thumbup
    :respect: I'll try them both around here to see how well they fair in comparison!!! :thumbsup:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    The Indian place was great, especially whatever those chicken appetizers that were had all round at the non-prime end of the table. I could have made a whole meal out of those! Also, the staff were really nice, and, considering the size of our group, it didn't even take that long to get our food.

Josephines was a little disapointing, however. They had very little selection, very high prices, the waitresses were a little snooty (and tip mongering), and the manager was rude and mean to my friend (although the cook seemed like a nice guy) However, the Neutella Crepe almost made up for all of that. If we ever do Josephines for lunch again, I'll eat first, then just get a Neutella Crepe.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Pi's Thai Cuisine:
    Even though I forgot what I had the memory of a wonderful meal is still with me. This will have to be a repeat for me next time, even if it's not on the official tour.

OPH
    I went on an unofficial visit on Friday and had a great omlet and pancakes. This was sooooooo good that I needed to return on the official visit the following day. This visit I had blueberry pancakes and bacon which reinforced my enthusiasim of the previous day's visit. Did I mention the fresh squeezed orange juice? YUM-O!

Raj Mahal:
    Didn't go as i was really into the idea of Pizza beforehand. Besides someone needed to keep shorty from being beamed up early. Sounds like I may need to try it next time. ;)

Thang Long:
    Didn't go as I wanted to cook for those who didn't go. I will try this one for sure if offered next time.

Larry's backyard grilling:
    I won't toot my own horn here. But I will commend Tracey on her help running me to buy the food and cooking the corn on the cob for me. The meat shop MWT suggested was possibly one of the best I had ever been to.

Josephine's:
    I was actually disappointed here with everything down to the iced tea. The Eggs Benedict was not even second rate in my experiences. I then had Creme Brulee for desert and it too was not up to par. It was possibly worse than a batch I royally screwed up once. The iced tea tasted like the fountain variety from a fast food place and didn't have any brewed flavor what-so-ever let alone fresh. I would certainly skip this stop in the future.

Overall I would say Brian really knows what's in his backyard! :D His knowlege of the menus of all the places leaves nothing uncovered. Are you guys up for a New Year's invasion? ;)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Just incase anyone wasn't sure...

Uncle Larry (MTGoat) cooks a seriously goddamn awesome steak! :headbange

Huge props to my adopted uncle for braving the heat to do the honours. Sorry guys but that was the meal of the weekend for me!

Other than that.. the original pancake house was awesome as was the breakfast we had at "Dans Diner". Man, Im gonna need to diet from this week ;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I just wanted to mention that this thread is the #2 result for "Josephine's Crepes" on Google. Mmmm... crepes.