Final Fantasy XI

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Ourlove: There is no single player mode whatsoever - it is online only.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    So, let me get this stright, you have to BUY the game initially, you have to pay an INSANE amount monthly to play it AND you have to pay for Characters?

This game is complete **** to be honest, and I condemn anyone who plays it, to the land of stupidity for forking out so much for an online game.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    What's worse: if you stop playing it for 3 months, you have to buy a whole other copy of the $50 game!!! The final nail in the coffin of my Square fanboyness.

I liked SWG, and I'd like to play it again if I had time and my character was still there (not guaranteed). But at least I don't have to buy the game again, just start paying the monthly payments again.
    edited December 2003
    Enverex wrote:
    So, let me get this stright, you have to BUY the game initially, you have to pay an INSANE amount monthly to play it AND you have to pay for Characters?

This game is complete **** to be honest, and I condemn anyone who plays it, to the land of stupidity for forking out so much for an online game.

Not only that, but forking out so much for an online game that sucks.. Read my mini-review. :grumble:
    edited December 2003
    Gargoyle wrote:
    What's worse: if you stop playing it for 3 months, you have to buy a whole other copy of the $50 game!!! The final nail in the coffin of my Square fanboyness.

I liked SWG, and I'd like to play it again if I had time and my character was still there (not guaranteed). But at least I don't have to buy the game again, just start paying the monthly payments again.

Thats...... just...............
    This is just too stupid, I cant stand it.
    The only thing stopping me from going completely mad is that I am sat in my nice new Executive Leather chair :)

Will be sure to steer people away from this game though.
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited December 2003
    $7 is not that much in a month's period. I could pay that with change I find under my couch, car seat, and in my washing machine. This is by far, the cheapest mainstream MMO out. Paying for characters tacks on that extra $0.50, so if you only want two or three, it's at most $9 a month. SWG enforces the one character per server, and they charge you $12 to $13!

Billing aside, the game is not that fun anyway.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited January 2004
    I just got the game yesterday and so far I am liking it. I blame the entire thing on Aranyic too. He got the game and left it running on his computer. Well his camera view was spinning and bugging me so when I went to stop it I started playing... Well a few hours later it was off to Wal-Mart and I came back with the game. Curses! Anyhoo I made a Red Mage so that I can get a taste of a little bit of everything. All I've really done so far is whack bumblebess and worms but I'm leveling fairly quickly for a MMRPG I think. It is sure a heck of a lot better than EQ or Dark Age of Camelot in my opinion. Are there any short-medians out there who happen to play on the Diabolos server? I know the odds are slim due to their highly gay world pass system but I figured I'd ask. It sounds as though not too many of you have a high opinion of the game but thus far it has been fun.

Norge
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2004
    Speaking of Gay, your character sure looked it last night. Post the screenie.;D;D
    edited January 2004
    Now how can you say that this is gay. Look at that beast. ;D

Norge
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2004
    :rolleyes2
    edited January 2004
    hahahahha! THat's one thing I noticed about the game: A LOT of the armor ends up looking like a leather fetish show.
    edited January 2004
    I think it's more confused than you are Norge ;)
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    edited January 2004
    You know you're just jealous that your cat woman has more clothes on than my guy does. She even gets hooker music on the character select screen.

I still have 3 more levels of faggotry until I get new armor. No one has made fun of me too terribly bad in game thus far. I did see a female character with the same armor though... It just wasn't meant for a guy.

Norge