Mini-PCI 802.11a/b/g Card

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Trading Post
I am looking for a Mini-PCI a, b and g WiFi card for as cheap as possible, and they must be able to deliver to the UK.

Nothing else to say about it really.

Cheers,
NS

Comments

• Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited October 2003
    I've got a D-Link Airplus DWL-650+ 802.11b 22mbps i'd sell for $25 + shipping costs.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    No chance, needs to be A, B AND G.

B alone wont cut it, and it isn't even a Mini-PCI card either, sorry.

NS
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    http://www.discountechnology.com/products/wistron-802.11abg/Acer_NeWeb_802.11a+b+g_mini_pci.htm

Looks like they ship internationally (from their front page shipping link) and the card costs $99.95 USD. I don't know what kind of deal you're looking for, but that's the best (one of the very few) I've found that fits your criteria.
    edited October 2003
    Oh yeah, and there was one condition. It cant be from them. I have already talked to them and got them to knock the price down to $125 all inclusive. So I am trying to beat that.

NS
    edited October 2003
    ;D;D I'm flat tapped out, then, mate!
    edited October 2003
    Lol, oh well, thanks for the help anyway.

NS
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited October 2003
    just out of curiosity, what are you up to? MiniPCI cards, small laptop drives... what are you doing with this stuff? :scratch:
    edited October 2003
    The same thing I do every night geeky, try to take over the WORLD ahahahahahah

Its Geeky, Its Geeky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain, Brain Brain Brain Brain.......

The Mini-PCI is to equip my Laptop with WiFi because I am going to set up a WiFi point at home for the LT and my PDA, and I also want to use the Student network with my laptop which can use WiFi too.

The drives are for transfering Amiga files and also transfering files between another few machines too.

The 12GB HD went to someone else btw, I wasn't willing to pay over £30 for it.

NS
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited October 2003
    ROFL... One of these days, if I find a good brain avatar, I'll switch it... I had one at one point, but it wasn't very good... I like that cartoon tho... probably one of the best non-classic cartoons ever...
    edited October 2003
    Yup, I remember that avatar. It's OK, though, MB is kickass too.
    edited October 2003
    So, anyone got any other ideas or links before I go ahead and order this card?

Also, can anyone find any reviews or oppinions on it? Seems like no-one has it........

NS