MS Access 2003 Books

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Internet & Media
I'm working on building some Access-based applications for work and was wondering if anybody can recommend some good books with some nice coding examples. I'm looking for an intermediate level guide.

Murky buckets!

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    applications? what?

I made a database for our school yearbook that we use to track ad sales and also the book ladder/page assignments.

I have a few queries made for different things, and my main focus was on reports. And then I made macros to print all the different data in different ways showing different stuff. What else is there to do with access?
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Do yourself a favor. Learn to use MySQL and C++ or C#. Faster, sleeker, less problems.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Books, gentlemen. Not programming languages, not new things.

Access. Books.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, but I'm all about preventative measures. I do support on apps built on Access. They are the bane of my existence.

Death to Access!!!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I don't need advice on what to use instead of using Access, I need advice on books for using Access. I don't want to use MySQL because I'm linking to our SQL Server database.

I'm sure you can tell me that there's an ODBC connection from MySQL to SQL Server written for C++ and C#, and I'm sure it's as easy as all get out, but what I really want is a book on Access.