Fought My Way into the Top 1000

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
Nearly two years ago I left my 'farm' of office computers when I completed my Army career. They folded for a while after I left, but as I had anticipated, they have slipped off the scoreboard in the ensuing months after someone else took over my former office.

Since then, I've upgraded my home computers, gained a laptop at my workplace, and have built additional cheap D820-based Folding boxes. I've a ways to go before I again break into the top 20 within Team 93.

Please allow me to share with you an achievement for which I've been working very hard:

I am now in the top 1000 of all Folders, worldwide. :D

As for Team 93, Donuts and General Keebler, let this serve as fair warning. If you don't find additional firepower, I'll be mowing you guys done in about a month! :D;D

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Congrats Leo! That is an awesome achivement.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Great job, Leo. :cheers:

:smokin:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited May 2006
    Congrats Leo! :cheers:

I just added,(last night) MY 805D to the fold (@3.4ghz). Let's see if I can hold you off for a little longer.:buck:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Ouch, that's an effective 6.8GHz of Gromacs crunching power. Aaargh, you'll definetely be holding me off. Well, there go my Top 20 plans. :rant:

Good work, Donut. BTW, which board are you running with the 805 rig?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    A little grab for power, huh? Go Leo... don't let Lemon push you around. Go find more CPU cycles!!!!

{Q goes and grabs some popcorn.... cuz this is gonna be fun to watch}
    edited May 2006
    A little grab for power, huh? Go Leo... don't let Lemon push you around. Go find more CPU cycles!!!!
    LOL. For the record, I don't see any threats below me; just Donut (Donuts @ Team 93) just getting feisty as soon as I approach. No more CPU power available at this time. I could afford a few more boxes, but need to start budgeting for travel, fishing, and my daughter's wedding next year.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Holy Smoking WU's! That's great Leo! Congrats.
    I'm 7,134 on the world ranking, but I'm climbing on the team 93 list.
    Hehe, I've got a ways to go to get even close to you bud.
    Well done.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Congrats Leo, that's a huge accomplishment.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2006
    congrats, well at least im in the top 1000 here
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited May 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Good work, Donut. BTW, which board are you running with the 805 rig?

Leo, I'm running the Asus P5P800SE (just back from RMA). If it's anything like the last time, it's got about a week and a half left before it dies.;D

Your top 20 hopes are still alive, a few weeks back I had replaced IC6 with my dual Opty. That's a couple hundred points a day not in my name anymore. I'm not taking this laying down, (your bid for the top 20) but I'm pretty much maxed out on CPU power.

Go for it Leo!:thumbsup:
    edited May 2006
    I really hope the best for you. I sincerely hope your RMA board works well.