RWB... confused.

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Hardware
I had sound... I should still have sound. Yet RWB has no sound... gone is thy sound.... where did it go? I DEMAND answers... I DEMAND satisfaction.

It says no Audio Device was found when I enter my sound devices area of the control panel... yet I hear dings and such when I make an oppsie.... it exists, but hides from the RWB.

RWB will continue speaking in the third person until RWB gets satisfaction...

RWB's Hardware... Abit AN8-SLI Fatal1ty with NForce 4 chipset... it's built in sound... was working.... :range:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Has the RWB considered re-installing sound drivers? If the drivers are an executable file, RWB's control panel would not have to show an "audio device" for the re-installation. Leonardo has had this happen before. Reinstalling the drivers caused windows to recognize the sound device again.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    RWB figured this may be... we shall see...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    It worked... I am happy.

Guess I should have rebooted to see if that works, but reinstalling works too :P

It is strange how certain audio will work fine, but not all....
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    The RWB is a dumbass. The RWB does not belong here. The RWB shall be banished from the land of Short-Media. The RWB shall be beheaded if thee shall pull somthing that stupid again.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited May 2006
    That's happened to me before.. a few times actually. Just out of the blue, sometimes 5 mins after I've been listening to music. Had to reinstall the sound drivers and it magically worked again.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    The RWB is a dumbass. The RWB does not belong here. The RWB shall be banished from the land of Short-Media. The RWB shall be beheaded if thee shall pull somthing that stupid again.

RWB shall now forever speak in third person for your insolence.:wave:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    SCAR must now prepare for flogging! smackbum.gif
    edited May 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    SCAR must now prepare for flogging! smackbum.gif
    Why does mtgoat hate SCAR so? Scar did not put mtgoat in for the "dumb ass jerk" vote. Scar thought that would be an honor... Scar thinks all SM members should now talk in third-person. Scar must now go and prepare for mtgoat's flogging.
    edited May 2006
    ///offtopic\\\
    SCAR wrote:
    Why does mtgoat hate SCAR so? Scar did not put mtgoat in for the "dumb ass jerk" vote. Scar thought that would be an honor... Scar thinks all SM members should now talk in third-person. Scar must now go and prepare for mtgoat's flogging.
    I know for a fact that mtgoat does not hate SCAR at all. SCAR just put said foot in said mouth as self proclaimed honorary dumbass and as such is entitled to said harassment. This is also punishable by said rules to include flogging without predjudice, which SCAR took with without so much as a grumble on the flogging part. So at this time if SCAR wishes to withdraw from said dumbassnem he can return to normal duty.
    ///backontopic\\\
    I am happy RWB sorted it out easily enough. These kinds of things just sort of seem to happen.
    //allisnowwellwiththeworld\\\
    edited May 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    ///offtopic\\\

I know for a fact that mtgoat does not hate SCAR at all. SCAR just put said foot in said mouth as self proclaimed honorary dumbass and as such is entitled to said harassment. This is also punishable by said rules to include flogging without predjudice, which SCAR took with without so much as a grumble on the flogging part. So at this time if SCAR wishes to withdraw from said dumbassnem he can return to normal duty.
    ///backontopic\\\
    I am happy RWB sorted it out easily enough. These kinds of things just sort of seem to happen.
    //allisnowwellwiththeworld\\\
    SCAR would like to resume his duty as the unofficial SM jackass. If anyone has a problem with that, please turn in a complaint at the front desk of the internet at www.fu**you.com. Thank you, SCAR.
    edited May 2006
    SCAR, I think you better check your link. ;D
    edited May 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    SCAR, I think you better check your link. ;D
    Oh, I'm sorry. Don't want the complaint to go elsewhere do we?

Here's the up[dated link:
    www.gotohell.com
    edited May 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    Oh, I'm sorry. Don't want the complaint to go elsewhere do we?

Here's the up[dated link:
    www.gotohell.com
    Oh!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Coming across this thread is like accidentally walking into an occupied bathroom. :wtf:

/me apologizes and closes the door... :O