no audio!

edited June 2006 in Hardware
alright i dunno if this is placed in the right section. but my audio no longer works. the only sound that comes from the computer is a beep, giving me an indication something's wrong. can someone help me with this problem?

it occured like this. i downloaded this thing called Xango. and i had one of my friends take it off and now my result is no audio

Comments

• edited June 2006
    alright i dunno if this is placed in the right section. but my audio no longer works. the only sound that comes from the computer is a beep, giving me an indication something's wrong. can someone help me with this problem?

it occured like this. i downloaded this thing called Xango. and i had one of my friends take it off and now my result is no audio
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Moved to General Hardware. Thefishbu, please provide some additional information (OS, sound card, drivers, etc.) about your setup so we help diagnose the problem.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    ...And please don't keep opening new threads for the same problem...
  • edited June 2006
    sorry bout the repost.....as soon as posted in one, i thought i found the right section and posted in it..... i was wrong with both.... my apologies

so this is the information i think you guys are lookin for.... if not please let me know. i am very computer illiterate.

System:
    windows xp proffesional
    version 2002
    service pack 2

pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    1.85GHz, 448MB of RAM

when i go into device manager to look at my audio devices i have the sound icon with a "!" next to the realtek ac97 audio
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited June 2006
    SOunds to me like the drivers were deleted as well. Find out what mobo you have and reinstall the drivers for it. That should fix the problem.

Radio91P
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    If it's Realtek AC97 audio driver. This might help. http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html